New Bios Mod DFI Expert

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI Expert 04.11.06 is the new bios. I think it reads like this 04.11.06 is the 4th of November 2006.........the 10.07.06 is the 10th of July 2006.

But if you really want the 10.07.06 then you can get it here http://download.yousendit.com/63E4B970489CC227

But you can also go to Tmod's Bios Boot disc thread and download his 8.5 disc which includes the Merlin 10.07.06 bios and is probably the safest method of flashing your bios. It doesnt yet have the 04.11.06 bios on it yet!!!

Logan

Sorry for asking a n00b question, but I have a Expert board, and I was wondering if the BIOS has more to do with stability given a higher frequency.

I have a Opty 165 at 2.3GHz with the FSB at 289MHz. The multiplier is 8x because Prime95 fails stability check at 9x. I was curious if a BIOS update might enhance stability enough that I may run at 9x with no floating-point errors.

I'm only asking because I'm not home to test, and I hesitate to stir up problems given that my system is currently stable.

No such thing as a bad question dude! But I will say this Merlin makes a awesome bios the one I have is much better than the official 4/6/06 and is much more forgiving with problematic ram Like the infineon based OCZ 2X512 Platinum for a really good example and his bios was the only one that wouuld work with those sticks!

Has anyone tried this BIOS with Micron 5B-F chips? I have a set of TCCD DDR600 in my backup board, but if I can get it in my Expert and crank it up past 320@1:1 that would be awesome for the benchmarks. The highest I have gotten the Micron stuff stable at is the high-260 range, anything faster fails Prime or won't work with max OC because of divider # problems. Thx!