Sign in to follow this  
by -=Merlin=-

New Bios Mod DFI Expert

Ummmm did we ever find out anything about what he did on the new bios...anyone?

I have found the newsiest BIOS to be really stable, not had a problem with it once. Running my 3000+ at 2.4 24/7. Getting an opteron this week so we shall see how it goes....

Rich

Logan thanks for the file but I downloaded it but it is now a valid archive. something is wrong with the file or the link. when i download it is only 390kb in size.

thanks

Logan thanks for the file but I downloaded it but it is now a valid archive. something is wrong with the file or the link. when i download it is only 390kb in size.

thanks

Dude its in an archive and its compressed unzip or unrar it and you will get the correct size, i just dled it and its fine, nothing wrong with it, or like i said already you can get it off of Tmods Bios Disc.

Another Side note i accidentally (Dont ask) Flashed the NEWER Merlin 04.11.06 bios this morning and it is running as good if not better slightly than the 10.07.06 bios.....though it still donates the wrong date in it when viewed in Everest etc.....

Congrats Merlin these 2 bios are fantastic, i cant wait for the next release you mentioned...

Logan

Ummmm did we ever find out anything about what he did on the new bios...anyone?

Nope all we got was what was said already

-NVMM Modified (Unsure what or if its modified)

-Ram Table updated (Optimised for TCCD, TCC5, UCCC)

-Silicon Image bios updated to 5.3.14

Logan

I am currently running Tmod's Bios Boot disc bios, can you please tell what are the major improvements in this bios over the Tmods?

Thanks

the latest merlin bios the 1 made in november is unstable...i flashed my comp..followed instructions and i got bsod screen whenever it tries to boot to windows...so will be going bck to T-Mods cd...for expert bios...although congrats to merlin for releasin a expert bios...

EDIT: IT SEEMS merlins bios with default settings doesnt work for my system, i had load my cmos saved settings to boot it bck to windows...will play around for abit..and c wat happens...

So far so good..still running smooth at 2.6 with x2-3800, and soz if i mislead any1...its been a while since i tested a bios..

the latest merlin bios the 1 made in november is unstable...i flashed my comp..followed instructions and i got bsod screen whenever it tries to boot to windows...so will be going bck to T-Mods cd...for expert bios...although congrats to merlin for releasin a expert bios...

EDIT: IT SEEMS merlins bios with default settings doesnt work for my system, i had load my cmos saved settings to boot it bck to windows...will play around for abit..and c wat happens...

I think maybe you mean that it is unstable on your system, your comment might be misleading to others wishing to test this bios.......THE bios is ROCK STABLE on my system with no issues at all, it INCREASED my overclock as well and can run far tighter timings than the stock 0406.

Logan

I am currently running Tmod's Bios Boot disc bios, can you please tell what are the major improvements in this bios over the Tmods?

Thanks

Tmod hosts all stock and modded bios on his disc, without actually telling us which bios your running or are on about its hard to tell you anything....

There is no TMOD bios like i said he hosts the bios on his Boot disc......

The diff in the Merlin bios has already been listed.

-NVMM Modified (Unsure what or if its modified)

-Ram Table updated (Optimised for TCCD, TCC5, UCCC)

-Silicon Image bios updated to 5.3.14

Logan

@ Pink correct me here cause i am getting mixed up with dates as well but i thought the bios went like this...

I think it reads like this 04.11.06 is the 4th of November 2006.........the 10.07.06 is the 10th of July 2006

just noticed your sig

Logan

I've pretty much killed CAS 2.5 on all of my TCCD over the years but I figured I would give the merlin mod a shot with UCCC. 1:1, the 180 and 166 dividers work well, but didn't see much love on the 150 divider which I have to use after 334. Then again none of the expert bioses really respond well with my particular set-up at the moment.

Loggan I have these sticks :

1 x 2Gb Kit Team Xtreem Cronus 3-3-3-8 PC4000 (Micron)

But I am running these:

OCZ

1 x 2 Gb Kit Dual Channel EL Gold XTC 3-4-3-8

What do you think will run better with the new bios?

I had to RMA the Team sticks they were no good. Now I have not tested the Team memory. What is your personal opinion?

Thanks