New Bios Mod DFI Expert

Tried Several times to download Expert Bios 04.11.06 all the time I extract the file, it's corrupted tried Winzip, winrar all the same, anyone have a good file, and not the bin alone. Is this one newer than DFI_Expert_10.07.06. Thanks.

Dled 04.11.06 six times now not a problem with it being corrupted. Yes its newer.

Logan

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh I think you are going in the wrong direction with my question! What I mean is other than the timimngs have been relaxed for certain types of ram has he modified other settings in the bios like Tony did with the E704-BT such as the ram voltage , Drive strength, Data drive strength...blah ....blah....blah

sorry was a little vague, have tried posting before and no ive never had them to rated 300 MHz would love to get my hands on a sli-dr original to try though.

I am forever messing with the more intricate timings in order to get things to run, however i cant seem to get much out of them. Too the ocdb to see if you have entries with the merlin bios's

how do i install this bin file for my motherboard?

WARNING!!!!! Do Not Flash a Bios While Overclocked, always set Stock Settings before Flashing any bios.

How to flash the NF4 Expert Bios Manually with Floppy Disc

1. Download the DFI 04.06. Bios

2. Download the Merlin 04.11.06 Bios.

3. Download DRDflash this will allow you to make a Bootable Floppy.

4. Run DRDflash.exe with a blank Floppy in your drive, a Bootable Floppy will be created.

5. Next extract and copy the EX041106.BIN to your new Bootable Floppy.

6. Next extract your downloaded DFI 04.06 Bios to a folder using WinRAR or similar, Copy the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and AWDFLASH.EXE utility to your new Bootable Floppy.

7. Right click the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and choose Edit, add the following lines to the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, or open the AUTOEXEC.BAT file with any text editor (Notepad) and add the the lines below, Overwriting the original text.

@echo off

cls

@ECHO OFF

A:AWDFLASH EX041106.BIN /cks/sn/py/cc/cd/cp/wb/ld/qi

echo "The version of BIOS was inaccurate,"

echo "Please remove the floppy, download the right one and re-flash."

@ECHO OFF

8. Save the AUTOEXEC.BAT and Close it.

9. Make sure your Bootable Floppy is in the drive and reboot your Pc the bios should flash automatically. (As long as your First boot device is Floppy Drive) follow instructions when its finished flashing.

10. Restart your Pc and enter the bios and Load Optimized Defaults. F10 to save settings and exit.

Logan

How to flash the NF4 Expert Bios Manually with Floppy Disc

1. Download the DFI 04.06. Bios

2. Download the Merlin 04.11.06 Bios.

3. Download DRDflash this will allow you to make a Bootable Floppy.

4. Run DRDflash.exe with a blank Floppy in your drive, a Bootable Floppy will be created.

5. Next extract and copy the EX041106.BIN to your new Bootable Floppy.

6. Next extract your downloaded DFI 04.06 Bios to a folder using WinRAR or similar, Copy the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and AWDFLASH.EXE utility to your new Bootable Floppy.

7. Right click the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and choose Edit, add the following lines to the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, or open the AUTOEXEC.BAT file with any text editor (Notepad) and add the the lines below, Overwriting the original text.

@echo off

cls

@ECHO OFF

A:AWDFLASH EX041106.BIN /cks/sn/py/cc/cd/cp/wb/ld/qi

echo "The version of BIOS was inaccurate,"

echo "Please remove the floppy, download the right one and re-flash."

@ECHO OFF

8. Save the AUTOEXEC.BAT and Close it.

9. Make sure your Bootable Floppy is in the drive and reboot your Pc the bios should flash automatically. (As long as your First boot device is Floppy Drive) follow instructions when its finished flashing.

10. Restart your Pc and enter the bios and Load Optimized Defaults. F10 to save settings and exit.

Logan

THANKS MAN I APPRECIATE IT!

Go to this link and download the win98 OEM version.....http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Then go here...http://www.lejabeach.com/DFI/dfinf4expert/dfinf4expert.html

And just download the AWARD FLASH UTILITY and save it to youre desktop as well as Merlins bin file and send them both to a formatted floppy!

Read here...http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...?t=59531&page=5

I give the entire proceedure in detail

Go to this link and download the win98 OEM version.....http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

http://www.bootdisk.com/

Driver Free Disk For BIOS Flashing 1 | 2 | 3 |

Better to use a driver free disc when your gonna flash a bios from floppy, less chance of it going wrong ;)

Awdflash8.63c is on the DFi 04.06 dl, better to keep to the same version for that bios, Merlins is based on the 04.06....just a thought.

Logan