Raid-0 and windows install

Ok, i was following Happy_Games's "Nforce4 Ultra-D/SLI-DR/SLI-D RAID Tutorial". I got though most of it... Pretty sucessful for my first raid attempt...

-i set boot priority, save it etc.

-it restarts, then i hit f10 to set up the array, set it up as striped, and save it... but after i hit ctrl-x it doesnt boot the xp disc... it says "boot from CD" then stops. doesnt boot from the disc like it is supposed to.

- If i restart it, it loads from the XP disc, and i can hit f6... load the 2 drivers... and when i hit enter... they load and it has the welcome to windows... hit enter and w/e screen. when i hit enter it says there are no harddrives to install on, and i need to restart. I think when i restart it, it isnt saving the settings on the bios? i'm clueless

Any suggestions?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it show SATA ports in POST? if it does u did something wrong. Make sure its enabled in both pages (RAID, and the 1/2 3/4 in genie BIOS)

I'm usin PATA instead of SATA... and no it didnt show any drives on POST... just the DVD drive

Did you set array as bootable in bios. Go back and recheck and think you have missed something.

Hmm... not so sure about that one... can you give me any more details on what to check... i'll do it later when i get home

Ok, so just a couple "checklist" kind of things, you are doing this at default settings correct? i.e. no overclock, you have ran Memtest 86 from the BIOS? In Integrated Peripheral's RAID is Enabled, and IDE Primary Master is enabled, along with primary Slave/as well as Secondary Master/Slave (just to rule any problem out)

When you set Boot priority (after u do RAID BIOS) it does say Nvidia Stripe xxx.xx, and not list 2 HDD"s?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so just a couple "checklist" kind of things, you are doing this at default settings correct? i.e. no overclock, you have ran Memtest 86 from the BIOS? In Integrated Peripheral's RAID is Enabled, and IDE Primary Master is enabled, along with primary Slave/as well as Secondary Master/Slave (just to rule any problem out)

When you set Boot priority (after u do RAID BIOS) it does say Nvidia Stripe xxx.xx, and not list 2 HDD"s?

Ok, No overclock. Memtest ran for 80 hours before i cancelled it.

Here, this might help.

Bios001.jpg

Bios002.jpg

Bios003.jpg

Bios004.jpg

Bios005.jpg

Bios006.jpg

Bios007.jpg

Bios008.jpg

Bios009.jpg

Bios010.jpg

k, 4th screen down, your IDE Primary Master and IDE Primary Slave are not enabled - enable them and try again.

Thats my suggestion anyway...

Edit: Also if you are using a USB k/board or Mouse, you will want to enable the support in the Bios (gave me a min of panic when they wouldnt work, then realised they werent enabled - DOH!)

R4z

k, 4th screen down, your IDE Primary Master and IDE Primary Slave are not enabled - enable them and try again.

Thats my suggestion anyway...

Edit: Also if you are using a USB k/board or Mouse, you will want to enable the support in the Bios (gave me a min of panic when they wouldnt work, then realised they werent enabled - DOH!)

R4z

Still no dice... Hit f10, set striped raid array... hit f7... ctrl x... doesnt load from xp disc like its supposed to. Loads from XP disc when i dont set up array

Still no dice... Hit f10, set striped raid array... hit f7... ctrl x... doesnt load from xp disc like its supposed to. Loads from XP disc when i dont set up array

You need to add the NF4 RAID driver during Windows Setup... you need that on a floppy or slipstreamed onto a copy of your WinXP CD to succeed at installing XP on the RAID volume.