WTF HAPPENED TO OUR FORUM??? (heh..read this before you ask/complain/g

Angry_Games

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an immigrant (moved here in '94 as I previously stated). My spelling might not be the best, but I try to read what I wrote before I hit that "Post Reply" button, which saves me quite a bunch of times. If you notice most of my posts get at least one edit by me, since I always find mistakes later.

It bothers me when I go to 7/11 and the guy that's been serving me for the last twelve years has not progressed in his languiage skills one bit. I know there isn't a set language to be spoken in America, but since most of us do speak english, it just makes sense to learn it.

I remember my first english was learned from Beavis and Butt-Head, since MTV was the only english speaking TV station in Germany. When I moved here I knew as much english as the kids that learn spanish in school here (not a lot). I had no choice but to learn english, since noone here speaks german, and most of my friends forget that I am from Germany and say that my accent is almost gone (unless I am drinking, which I don't do anymore). So imo there is no excuse for an american not to know how to spell, unless some sort of impairment keeps you from being able to so. Just my 2 cents.

I don't judge people by the way they spell , look or anything else. Granted I have my freiends but i don't go look at the butt he can't do anything hahaha. I never liked people that do tha. Like when you go the the mall or to eat ya always here some one say look at the guy he's so fat how could some one live like that. Well look in the mirror your not that skinny. Or flook at the ugly dress what would she buy that. Kids get teased at school like look at tat geek , teaches pet , mamas boy , or how dam stupisd is that kid he can't do the math proble correct or look at the stupid idiot he cant spell. The is the same way as Prople judged others in the old days. IT's Not Right to judge someone. So what if he cant spell or do math you have no right to judge opther people. If you want to judge other than make dam sure you'r perfect. Oh wait your not.

If that is true then you are likely braindead because everyone judges people based on some set of criteria. Are you white? Let me place you in the middle of Compton, California and then tell me you are not judging anyone based on appearance (in this case I can say your fear might be baseless because I worked in Compton as a white man and lived to tell about it - tho my job was arresting folks who did not want to be arrested which was quite interesting - only the criminals gave me any grief - most people were decent folks). Next let me place you in the middle of Iran and tell me you are not judging people based on appearance or anything else (because if you have even the slightest amound of fear or discomfort you are judging my friend). Next we will place you in the middle of a crowd of 1000 extremely fat naked smelling obese people (800 pounds plus). Something tells me you will start judging.

I am sorry but your logic does not represent your intelligence very well. You need to re-think your position.

Forum Rules updated with a modification

when you register, you must read and agree to follow the rules

ADDITIONALLY

the first time you make a new thread in each main section (32-bit, 64-bit, Overclocking, General Discussion), you will see the rules agreement box and you must again agree to the rules.

As the big red text says...failure to do so will result in an immediate 7 day ban.

Failure to read and follow the rules a second time will result in a permanent ban.

We don't have time to babysit and coddle you anymore. Read the rules. It should be the first thing you do. Follow them. This is common sense.

ok

the last hack for now, which I will try to install tonight when traffic is low (because it will take about 2-4 hours for me to hamfist my way through it) is the Category hack (ie: Thread Prefixes)

as I mentioned before, you will notice that since the upgrade, the threads no longer can be sorted by category nor are you forced to choose a category.

This hack will take a substantial amount of time to install because of the many many forum templates that must be modified, but I am confident in my abilities since I did install the Rules modification correctly!

Notice I also removed many of the Forum Styles because each Style template had to be modified for the Rules mod, and i didn't feel like doing it 15 times, so I eliminated all but the 4 most popular ones and their sub-styles.

Enjoy!

momma and I are going to the Emmett Cherry Festival to mow down on some cherry-filled grub and desserts!

is it hardwork fixing up the forum?

it is for me because I don't really know much about Vbulletin or php

I do know enough about Vbulletin and php-nuke now to install it, upgrade it, and of course hack it, but that is because they are usually automated scripts or have good clear instructions.

if I had to modify PHP itself, I'd be totally toasted because I don't have a clue where to begin with it

Guest bigr5026
it is for me because I don't really know much about Vbulletin or php

I do know enough about Vbulletin and php-nuke now to install it, upgrade it, and of course hack it, but that is because they are usually automated scripts or have good clear instructions.

if I had to modify PHP itself, I'd be totally toasted because I don't have a clue where to begin with it

by php itslf, are you talking about the source, or the config files of PHP