Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

Now two big games tomorrow... at 10 am Mexico vs. Portugal, but not sure its going to be as big since Portugal is going to have team B in the lineup...D

lol

go ahead and think that we will play with team b......

all the players are major league players.......like marco caneira......plays in my beloved sporting club portugal........nuno gomes striker from benfica....lol team b

i hope that we will se a good match......mexico has a nice footbal and some good players

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a comfort for our English friends:

- ok it might be that England hasn't beat Sweden since 1968...

- but Sweden has worse statistic against Germany; they haven't beat them since 1958...

Statistics is of course just interesting to a limited degree and I believe few teams have met so many times as England and Sweden. As you said Supershanks, Joe Cole was fantastic.

Even though he played great for about 30 minutes Rooney did look very tired and understandably so.

lol

go ahead and think that we will play with team b......

all the players are major league players.......like marco caneira......plays in my beloved sporting club portugal........nuno gomes striker from benfica....lol team b

i hope that we will se a good match......mexico has a nice footbal and some good players

It's a bit unfortunate that Portugal and Mexico meat. It's plausible it will be a lot of transporting the ball at midfield.

The problem in my view for Portugal is that they haven't shown real depth and strength in the attacking zone. Nice movements in midfield, but it's like some players weight too light closer to goal.

Hi KimTjik,

Yep your right re rooney when u contrast the end of the 1st half with the 2nd half think that was the difference also think cole was less effective during that part of the game, seemed to miss the runs he had made doen the left in the 1st half.

Right again re statistics i think that england or sweden but particularly sweden have the ability to take germany. I say particularly sweden as you seem to have a more finished , consistent team. Besides your due a win:eek: :)

Well Rooney might have been not 100% in shape... but he surely changed the face of England's attack with the amount of Energy he showed for 58 minutes.

Mexico has a lot of problems scoring goals... they seem to be ok creating goal opportunities, but pushing the ball insde the goal it is becoming really hard: last game vs. Angola was proof of that. There is something about the size of the opponent, I am sure Mexico will play diferently against Portugal... the same was seen with Sweeden and England in their previous games and then this final one.

IMO Sweeden will beat Germany into whats going to be the biggest upset of the WC. England will have a hard time vs. Ecuador... and I am not sure who will win, but I guess I would put my money over England since Ecuador is in its second WC.

As for Portugal, the only player I could be concerned for is Deco... and I am not sure he is at 100% or if he will play ;)

I was thinking what you said SuperShanks about how many players your team Liverpool gave for Spain... and I guess others. Real Madrid gave around 9 players, that must be the largest amount for any club... even my team Monterrey has 3 with Mexico and one with Panama (not on the WC thankfully :) )

Remember channel 206 & 209 on DirecTV... and of course ABC on the weekends; tune to Univision/Telefutura if you can to hear the national anthems (ESPN/ABC don't show them). Also I made a mistake about the schedule: its 10 am and 3 pm Eastern, not 8 am... I keep having problems adding or substracting hours, all I know I am in Central TZ and that Rockhampton is 9 hours behind (or 15 in front) ;)...Now two big games tomorrow... at 10 am Mexico vs. Portugal, but not sure its going to be as big since Portugal is going to have team B in the lineup... and of course Argentina vs. Netherlands...

Thanks, for the heads up.

Just watched a mexican tv special from the England vs. Sweeden game titled: Pirates vs. Vikings... LOL :D

The camera crew and reported watched the game in the middle of the English side of the stadium... before and after the game... man, thats scary. All day celebrating, and 3 diferent types of police watching them... yikes.

Its a shame FIFA isn't giving any awards for dives... like in the Olympics, because Portugal would win at least 6 medals :rolleyes:

Referee is terrible... dive outside the box and he says its a foul and yellow card. And this is how Portugal is playing: loose ball and they take a dive :rolleyes:

Worse game for Mexico so far... Marquez is going to Chelsea for free, maybe Barcelona is paying them... he is playing BAAAAD :mad:

Its a shame FIFA isn't giving any awards for dives... like in the Olympics, because Portugal would win at least 6 medals :rolleyes:

Referee is terrible... dive outside the box and he says its a foul and yellow card. And this is how Portugal is playing: loose ball and they take a dive :rolleyes:

Worse game for Mexico so far... Marquez is going to Chelsea for free, maybe Barcelona is paying them... he is playing BAAAAD :mad:

its really a shame that you speak like that

i thought you were a good football fan...guess not.....:confused:

imo mexico is playing a very good game...our goalie had to make a couple of good defenses

its a shame that you must atack portugal like that....with false arguments......

dont tell me that the penalty was made up to.....

lubus mitchel is one of the best referees from fifa

but again

everyone can say whatever it wants.......sad that doenst reflect the game

cheers

totally chiled :cool:

along with my beer...

mexico deserved the draw at least

very good team

btw.....hey sorrento...where does that player FONSECA plays

very good player.....dangerous ......does he play in europe or mexico?

very nice game......mexico with 10 was playing like with 11 ......

What struck me is that Portugal had a more focused and a direct play strategy now when the line up lacked several of the usual players. Scolari has been able to test more players than any other team in this Championship.

Still I never feel certain when Portugal plays; sometimes they execute wonderful football, but at times they fall flat.