Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

hehe it's already tested have been recording games i watch in case i get called away/miss anything. Have also been recording the soaps etc., that the wife is missing while wc is on.:) there are 2 other screens in house but we both prefer to watch in comfort of lounge.:cool:

But thats not a real test... games were played at diferent hours, so it was still one game alone every time, while now there are two. I was actually recording the games in both english (ESPN/ABC) and in español (Univision)... but with only two tuners in my sat receiver I had to choose to record both games in español (Univision + Telefutura)... then watch the comentaries from ESPN2 :)

Yep think hargreaves is 1.

Re Brazil & Argentina It's a bit like New Zealand Rugby players there's that many great players you get some pps who have dual nationality from a parent say switching to play for western samoa or something, if they think they won't get ino the all blacks.

Where does Hargreaves come from? Sounds like a character from Oblivion btw... hehe.

FIFA says that once you play for a national team you can't play for another one... thats what happened to Wanchope from Costa Rica, he is an English citizen and quite a very good player... I am sure that if he didn't play for Costa Rica ages ago he would have been playing for England. As for the All Blacks, I wonder how many Australian players they would like in their team, hehe :D

This "dual nationality" best example is Alfredo Di Estefano, which I presume you know who he is and all the mess between Argentina, Spain and Italy... all because he was the best player in the world. I wonder how much Italy would want him if he was just a regular guy and not as gifted as he was.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeden has always been a great team... being the richest of the nordic countries Sweeden has always been a strong footbal nation: they lost a WC final vs. Brazil.

This Sweeden imo was made with the sole purpose of beating England... they had problems against TT and Paraguay, but that was not their full potential at least not what to expect from the game that starts in 8 minutes.

Owen Hargreaves - the canadian english guy who plays in germany:rolleyes: yes read about the great Alfredo Di Estefano.

But thats not a real test...
was recording both soaps & football so tested function think over 2 hour spell recorded wc + 2~3 30 min soaps all scheduled.

But like u say will soon tell - just don't tell me the score:rolleyes:

Oh well it looks like owen's wc is over with what may be medial ligament damage. Crouch is already ion a yellow, be ironic if he gets another.

@ReelFiles

I haven't watched soccer since I moved here 12 years ago
Lol!:rolleyes:

that's 2 world cups u missed. unbelievable:)

@Sorrento

Yep i rate sweden I've always liked Larsson (long time art Celtic) ,& of course freddy ljunberg (Arsenal) to say nothing of ibramovic & the rest. Sweden always tend to play amore cultered game than us & win.:rolleyes:

Scan on owen tommorow - think he's just twisted something, starting to sound like the thing england fans will remember about this wc (other than the great german hospitality) is waiting for the endless scans.:D

Remember channel 206 & 209 on DirecTV... and of course ABC on the weekends; tune to Univision/Telefutura if you can to hear the national anthems (ESPN/ABC don't show them). Also I made a mistake about the schedule: its 10 am and 3 pm Eastern, not 8 am... I keep having problems adding or substracting hours, all I know I am in Central TZ and that Rockhampton is 9 hours behind (or 15 in front) ;)

Goal 2000 in World Cup history was scored in the England vs. Sweeden game... I am not going to say more to avoid spoiling it for SS.

Now two big games tomorrow... at 10 am Mexico vs. Portugal, but not sure its going to be as big since Portugal is going to have team B in the lineup... and of course Argentina vs. Netherlands. I am very nervous about Portugal kids, which even with out the Brazilian Deco they are a strong team... and Argentina I guess can put the other 11 players and still beat Neatherlands + Robben easily... :D

Nice article... and he isn't that bad, specially for a Canadian. I always wondered whats up with this English LOVE for Jamaican, Trinitarian, other islanders and now Canadians... :P

Lampard didn't play this time... to save his Yellow card and erase it so he goes clean for next round. I think the first half proved my theory that only one of them (Lampard/Gerrard) is needed in midfield.

Three fouls in the game should have received red card, directly. I can't say anything good about anyone now, referee Rosetti made me look bad; he was the best one so far from Serbia/Montenegro vs. Argentina game... :rolleyes:

Yep must admit i didn't like the 2000th goal :rolleyes:

But we won the group at least. Was avery patchy game joe cole got my man of the match, one of the best games i've seen him play.

The post did a better job of defending against the swedes than our defence.

It's interesting that we may be forced through injury into our best formation. In the 1st half the midfield looked a lot better with hargreaves playing well. It was like sorrento said after an earlier match re gerrartd & lampard playing in the middle. Perhaps we play with rooney (still on the way back from injury) & gerrard playing the link between midfield & a lone striker.

Think the germany v sweden game will be interesting.

think your right re tommorows games sorrento, shame really as their good fixtures.

Doesn't say much for depth of england's squad when u look at who we rested ?????