Worldcup 2006 (merged)

Sorrento

Guest Synchronize

Well england are through anyway regardless of if they beat sweden today or not. The pressures on sweden.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know which DirecTV stations broadcast the games, and when? I am not willing to pay extra for it, though. I already have the premium package which costs over $100 a month.

Well england are through anyway regardless of if they beat sweden today or not.
Yep but we fans are greedy we want to see them win with style:)

I'm not suggesting he's going to sabotage his team
hehe many think he may have done already:)

I think argentina will beat netherlands. probably 2~3-1

Not sure about poland match am recording it to watch later. Germany are 1 goal ahead already.

sorry ReelFiles can't help luck:)

Anyone know which DirecTV stations broadcast the games, and when? I am not willing to pay extra for it, though. I already have the premium package which costs over $100 a month.

Ok, you have to look for ESPN/ABC (ABC for weekends) and Univision/Telefutura (Spanish, and more or less better coverage).

ESPN @ DirecTV channels 206 and 209. I am watching the games at Univision/Telefutura and watching the halftime reports and World Cup Live! at ESPN... haha, Eric Windalda talks like a Mexican, very nice :)

All this last stage will be 4 games per day, with 2 games (all teams of each group) playing at same time. The schedule is 8 am and 3 pm Easter.

Ok, I am really angry because of the Ecuador-Germany game :mad:

Score: Germany 1, Ecuador 0 and Referee 2.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Or put in other words: Germany 0, Ecuador 0, Costa Rica 1, Poland 5 :D:D:D

The Russian referee let go TWO fouls which seconds later produced 2 of Germany's goals. Ecuador had the B Team playing, and I don't think they tried their best... Germany's defense is very vulnerable, and with a neutral referee which isn't afraid of the crowd they will probably have a very bad time. Jose Luis Chilavert, former Paraguay's goalkeeper and a very good commentator, gave the Ref a 2/10... "he isn't a bad referee, he is just inept" :P

Poland beat 2-1 Costa Rica... good result, its a shame they were really unlucky but each time they were beat fair and square.

SuperShanks... I really enjoyed the dual tunner capability of my satellite receiver, the PiP worked awsome :) Now to put it to a real test with the next two games ;)

Btw, have anyone seen Chiquidracula?????? He hasn't returned... I just wish he never return!!! :O

Hmm, this reminds me... SuperShanks, does England play with any "naturalized" players? I remember a Canadian, and at least a couple from the Antilles but that was in previous WC's.

Germany has lots of Polish, and at least one African... Spain has Marco Senna and the Argentinian Pernia... Italy has the Argentinian Camonaresi (LOL, the one who played in Veracruz and Cruz Azul here, lol)... Mexico has Sinha and Guille Franco... France, man from 22 they have just 10 French players (LOL) and Zidane whom I don't know for sure what he is (Algerian parents, born in France, and I believe he is anything but French inside)... Australia has at least one Italian, and of course Japan has Alessandro (Alex) Santos.

Nothing wrong about this IMO, if you are a citizen of a country you have the right and obligation of any other one... but its a fact everybody should know. Only nations I know don't have any naturalized players are Brazil and Argentina.

Now to put it to a real test with the next two games
hehe it's already tested have been recording games i watch in case i get called away/miss anything. Have also been recording the soaps etc., that the wife is missing while wc is on.:) there are 2 other screens in house but we both prefer to watch in comfort of lounge.:cool:

think germany may now have passed the training/tweaking stage & showed us a reasonable snapshot of their capabilities. (ok maybe with the refs help:p ) Still Poles will be pleased with the german scorers:D

Edit:

SuperShanks, does England play with any "naturalized" players?
Yep think hargreaves is 1.

Re Brazil & Argentina It's a bit like New Zealand Rugby players there's that many great players you get some pps who have dual nationality from a parent say switching to play for western samoa or something, if they think they won't get ino the all blacks.

The Ecuador-Germany match was terrible. Final result 0-3.

Basically, Ecuador's coach didn't start 5 main players including 2 players with the majority of the goals. Of course this is smart considering Ecuador is through anyways, but it makes for bad football.

I'm staying up to watch England and Sweden. Might be an interesting match. I'm going to call an upset and go for 1-0 Sweden.

I'm going to call an upset and go for 1-0 Sweden
Hehe:rolleyes: wouldn't call that an upset.

31/03/04 Friendly (Sweden) Sweden 1 England 0 (0-0 HT)

02/06/02 World Cup (Japan) England 1 Sweden 1 (1-0 HT)

10/11/01 Friendly (England) England 1 Sweden 1 (1-1 HT)

05/06/99 Euro Qual (England) England 0 Sweden 0 (0-0 HT)

05/09/98 Euro Qual (Sweden) Sweden 2 England 1 (2-1 HT)

08/06/95 Umbro Cup (England) England 3 Sweden 3 (1-2 HT)

17/06/92 Euro (Sweden) Sweden 2 England 1 (0-1 HT)

06/09/89 WC Qual (Sweden) Sweden 0 England 0 (0-0 HT)

19/10/88 WC Qual (England) England 0 Sweden 0 (0-0 HT)

10/09/86 Friendly (Sweden) Sweden 1 England 0 (0-0 HT)