The HUGE BIG-BIG Windows Vista Thread

kelleybp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sould not have a problem with dual boot. The only problem that I can see comming for that is if the drive dies. But that can happen with xp also. Just do a good backup of you xp before you repartition your hard drive and you are in good shape! :)

Hmm the NForce audio isn't installing, and Vista refuses to recognise my speakers as 5.1..

Any tips?

Use the realtek drivers for the audio instead of the Nforce Drivers, download the newest beta AC 97 drivers and you will be good to go with 5.1 Works great for me, and the audio is very good.

The Vista driver is the top one, for those that are confused easy,lol.

realtek downloads

I installed RC1 on a seperate pata 80g hdd and unplugged my others so my bootloader wouldnt get messed up. Good and stable was able to get drivers from the install for everything but my parallel card. One other thing it couldnt install, cant remember what. Got drivers from creative and nVidia and no problems. Not sure if my SATA raid 0 or SLI setup would work or settings and files transfer from XP. MY XP is messed up so I was thinking of running the RC1. Build is 5600 i think.