The Racing discussion Thread!

twigert

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caffeinejunkie

hey guys dont diss the wing

I mean if they go fast enough and get the downforce to weight ratio to 1:1 then they can drive upside down omg

youd be hardpressed to find a production car (excluding exotics) that can truely use the wing so really its just for bling (hey that rhymed woot)

And unless your on the autobahn or on the strip theres really no legal way to get enough downforce to make the wing worthwhile

Guest Timmay

Or paint it red, put some small wheels on the front and some large ones on the back and guess what you have ^^^^^^ :P

hey guys dont diss the wing

I mean if they go fast enough and get the downforce to weight ratio to 1:1 then they can drive upside down omg

youd be hardpressed to find a production car (excluding exotics) that can truely use the wing so really its just for bling (hey that rhymed woot)

And unless your on the autobahn or on the strip theres really no legal way to get enough downforce to make the wing worthwhile

Thanks. I meant that theyre useful when youre on a track...not on a street. After around 80mph and up, the downforce will start to build up...depending on the design of the wing. Also, the wings that you guys are probably making fun of are those huge ones that make cars look like shopping carts or as if theyre trying to fly. Depending what a person does to their car, it can be pulled off to look good...if they have the right wing.

The Evo and STi are some of the few mid priced cars that I know of that had wings made to help performance that were a part of the original design. Theres also Porsche with their wing that will activate at a certain speed, but I don't really think of those Carreras as exotics...theres too many here.

if that stupidly large disaster of a wing wasn't being beaten down in the d/f department by a relatively mild mannered nismo Z spoiler I'd agree with you.(look it up) It's there to be big and ugly/ricey as sin.

Anyone here have a WRX or WRX STi?

(by the way I have a carbon fiber hood and spoiler, so it does not look like a ricer :) )

I almost bought a 02 WRX and also almost bought a Saab 9-2x. I never bothered looking at the STi because it's horrible to look at with the ricey wing.

Oh boy, the words of a man in denial! :O;)