The Racing discussion Thread!

twigert

hey guys dont diss the wing

youd be hardpressed to find a production car (excluding exotics) that can truely use the wing so really its just for bling (hey that rhymed woot)

Audi TT (more of a spoiler than a wing)

any Porsche 911 (again, a spoiler)

Lotus Exige (actually has a wing)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Timmay

Why not just remove the wing/spoiler... Some people here are talking about NOT buying a car due to it having a wing or a spoiler...

Evos still look sexy with out the wing/spoiler.

The holes left in the trunk are a turn off. I'm also partial to the STI over the EVO and the GTO/Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice immeasurably above both of those. The STI and EVO better watch out, the new Sky Redline/Solstice GXP will weigh 100-200 lounds less and be putting out 260 hp....

If they are anything like Toyotas you can't. You get whatever came off of the ship one way or another. Dealers swap cars and such but you can't "special order" according to my parents dealer when they purchased their Yaris.

If they are anything like Toyotas you can't. You get whatever came off of the ship one way or another. Dealers swap cars and such but you can't "special order" according to my parents dealer when they purchased their Yaris.

i've seen a bunch of evo's without wings and i really dont think those owners would be driving around with holes in their trucks

You could just plug the holes with some rubber grommets. If it really bothers you that much you could always swap trunks with a non evo/sti of the same color. Im sure you could find someone looking for the rally look who can't afford the performance model who would be willing to trade. I would think you could find a dealer willing to do this w/ a car on their lot if it meant taking the trunk off of a $16k car to sell a $30k one.

i've seen a bunch of evo's without wings and i really dont think those owners would be driving around with holes in their trucks

I've seen scads of fake evo's with the hood and no motor to speak of :nod:

Guest caffeinejunkie
Audi TT (more of a spoiler than a wing)

any Porsche 911 (again, a spoiler)

Lotus Exige (actually has a wing)

I did say excluding exotics

the audi TT may not exactly be an exotic persay but it is also by no means the every day mid class driver

And the point that I was really trying to relay is that there is no legal way (other than autobahn and the strip) to reach speeds that would make the wing/spoiler effective with an air drag to downforce ratio.

well scratch that on my way to alabama ive seen a few freeways in georgia that were 80+ but you wont find that really anywhere else

and yes these statements are generalized for "heavier cars" with something like a porsche you can get sufficent downforce with lower speeds

oh and speaking of porsche I love their automatic wing that only comes out with speeds in excess of 65+ then goes back in when you dip under 40 :nod:

Guest Timmay

Now your complaining about having small holes in the bonnet?? Just buy a CF (carbon fiber) boot :P