The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost 4 hours into a memtest, no errors yet, i got the new build 3.2 and running it from the disk, it dosent give you as much information on the rig, seems simple-er. i still dont know what the "probe" dose so until i do, i dont think ill worrk aobut the 50 plus errors.

and the ram maybe value but i think there is still more in them (if they prove to work) and more in the cpu

Thanks.

Yeah i was hoping for faster times but had a feeling it wasnt going to be to good cause of the timings. Thinking about dropping in my mushkin blues to see what it can do.

And yes, she is nekkid. :) Things were getting a little too hot with the lid on.

Yeah, those ram clocks are really dragging you down. Get some tccd/bh-5 in there and well watch you take over the dual core lead. (From me ATM :sob: ) Nice OC on that chip!

I'm having serious issues with mine priming at 3.0Ghz. Basically... it won't do it. I'm thinking I need to reflash BIOS and reinstall windows and start again. Oh well. Yet I can bench at 3.1... makes no sense to me!

Thanks.

Yeah i was hoping for faster times but had a feeling it wasnt going to be to good cause of the timings. Thinking about dropping in my mushkin blues to see what it can do.

And yes, she is nekkid. :) Things were getting a little too hot with the lid on.

yes superpi really does improve with better timings/bw. get those munskins on there those puppies are hot.

hope my opty can match your opty soon,.. currently climbing steady at 3040 on 166 divider :D

Yeah, those ram clocks are really dragging you down. Get some tccd/bh-5 in there and well watch you take over the dual core lead. (From me ATM :sob: ) Nice OC on that chip!

I'm having serious issues with mine priming at 3.0Ghz. Basically... it won't do it. I'm thinking I need to reflash BIOS and reinstall windows and start again. Oh well. Yet I can bench at 3.1... makes no sense to me!

being able to bench and being prime stable are totally different. you got your ihs on? i hope you can hit 3Ghz stable on that opty since it's a rare thing to see that on those 170 chips.

just like mine, compelety game(LANparty)stable at 3g bust wont prime at all. i guess up the volts. on me

Guest MadDias

same here with my opty165... prime runs fine at 2,8GHz 1,45V

but at 3GHz it won´t... not even for a few seconds

at least i can run benchmarks at that speed, just for the fun of it ;)

Man i can run super pi 1meg at 3270 but my times are higher than my best run because of the 7/10 divider. That's frustrating as hell, Really wishing i had some tccd or bh-5 to toss in here.

edit-Don't think im gonna give that scythe contest a go.