The AMD 3GHz Club

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks TheFlowerKing for updating me. Good to see ya'.

I've played with SuSE.(8.1-2 9.2 10.4) I myself can't seem to get it to do. What I want it to my way. But then I seem to have that problem with alot of stuff... LOL Some of the kde-konquer stuff I like. Some I don't. But I think I may have to switch over to linux in the future.(Maybe not SuSE though) Can't seem to get used to the linux consoles. Maybe I should start playing with it again.

Thanks TheFlowerKing for updating me. Good to see ya'.

I've played with SuSE. I myself can't seem to get it to do. What I want it to my way. But then I seem to have that problem with alot of stuff... LOL Some of the kde-konquer stuff I like. Some I don't. But I think I may have to switch over to linux in the furture. Can't seem to get used to the consoles. Maybe I should start playing with it again.

All my work is command line over ssh, less overhead with init 3 :D

I'm doing a lot of virtualisation currently, my goal is to get virtual Win XP running on SuSE with my main machine.

We'll see how this one plays out..

Okay... Sound very cool.. Still havent been able to get my head around the command consoles. Heh gimme dos! LOL Maybe someday I'll play with it again..

(I'll probably have to.) I've had 4 versions of suse.(3# and 1 I updated.) My first linux attempt was redhat 4.3. I might not have the patients for it. But every year or so I'll load up a newer version One distro or another. Run it for a month or 2. Then I go back to windoors.

Edit: On my OCin' not too sure what I'm doing right now. Got a coupla' new processors. Still debating as to try em' er' not. and if so which 1. From what I've gathered I think they are both 3g cores. But the newest 1 might be abit better. But I'm getting old and scarey and lazy. LOL We'll see...

Clay I love them toaster Sigs. What ever happend to getting toster sigs for the 3GGG club ?

I'm not sure I think you can request 1.

That's kinda' what got me hooked. When I found tis site I was running my mobile and my asus a7n8x-e del that would toaster @2520 (210X12) It ate a lot of high dollar cookie cutters of the time. Still peeps here were posting up sub 40sec pi's. So I figured I'd better look into this abit more. LOL I lurked about for some months. Read up on what people were doing. Til' I felt I knew some of them. Then I joined.

They were supposed to come up with a requirement for intels too. The nf2 toasters were started back in the days when it was deemed devine intervention was required for a socket "A" to do 250fsb 1-1 or 2500mhz or both. Both being the tuffest. I've done better since fsb wise. But that is about were that processor maxes out in total mhz's.So... I think theres still a coupla' socket A's floating around this place that'll do 2750+.

I tried to get them to make the ggg club 300fsb 1-1 or 3000mhz. I never figured out why they didn't go for it. Oh well..

I was only a semi interested overclocker before I found this site.(It was dfi-street then) Before I'd move some jumpers or flip some dipps or bios setings and it either werked or it didn't. I've kinda' slacked up again in more recent months. :angel:

Edit: Looks like you and I joined the same time.. Hehe... Funny I don't know why but I thought I'd been around longer. Maybe because I'd been reading-posting mostly in the nf2 forums. (Guess I'd missed ya' for the most part)

Oh here ya' go. Sig request thread.

http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34554

yeah i never know overclocking was possible till i got to looking for a new MB and i loved the nf2s looks. and wile doing my home work found this site but that was way before i finely signed up. but wile doing my home work id ran across the nf3 250 and at the time it was only 30 bucks more but didn't get the front X controls and then it hit me i don't need it so i went with the nf3 250 and still have it running strong as ever and never misses a beat . this house loves that Board. I do rember when the 3GGG club started i BEAT MY 250 UP BAD TRYING TO MAKE THE 3 ggg CLUB.and the talk then was for our own 3 GGG sigs but guess that fazed out as no one has made anything.

What's the next goal going to be once AMD CPUs come 3G stock? They're already coming 3G stock, actually.
Next step will be to get a Barcelona to 3G's. Once AMD came out with 3.0 stock clocked, it kind of took the fun out of it for me.

4 GGG club?

Me thinks it might be a very long time before we see any AMD's capable of 4g's stable.

As CP has said though, getting a Barcelona to 3g's could well be a hard one to crack. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Yulp 3ggg stock dual cores. They gottum'. 4g humm... Three stage phase maybe.....Peeps I dunno... But for how long? LN2 hehee... I don't know myself but keepin' the pot full for 8+ hrs might be difficult at best.(I wouldn't want to try it) Processor probably die in route anyway. (Hard sayin'.) My "ultimate wish" goal for single core is 3.3.(Good luck huh..) Prime stable no not really what I think I need to do. Just a 32m superpi with some tight (Barely stable timings just enough to get the job done. Hehee... I really need get to started on redoing my loop but I dread it. (It's a long storey as to why..off topic anyway.) Anyway I have a coupla' diffrent gpu blocks to try.(But I think the card is dying) New tygon. Better chipset cooler, Two diffrent cpu's to try..Ect It's all good except the part about the card. And what I have to go through to get the job done. LOL.....

Edit: I know guys it the job that's never started that never gets done.