The AMD 3GHz Club

RobNyc, Can you post up your bios settings that are stable at 2700 so we can have a look. Might come down to something obvious and we can help get you going in the right direction.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Will Wow! Thank you sir! Yer' right I really do like my trusty ol' nf2 toaster.

(I'll probably die typing a post,displaying that one...Hehee..) But I would sure would like to see what ya made for me.. I'll copy it out and save with my other toaster stuff.

Thank you fer' sure.

@RobNyc: I'm pretty sure you allready looked in the OCDB. Have you tried putting them onna' divider? That's what I had to do to start breakin' ice on 3000+mhz. ( It was timings the whole time it's just I'm thick.) :tooth:

And yep post em' timings up some of these guys are pretty sharp...

:) Thanks wil, a nice double flashing Toaster would be nice and cool, takes up less space as well. I would imagine keeping the payload size down would be a bit of an art though. Looking forward to seeing it. :nod:

why is it a surprise

Because as a rule a saved cmos does not work very well when used with a different cpu and ram than was used in the origional save. As has mentioned, post up your settings and let's see what could help.

Wil...

Look back on page 155 or somewhere close...there is a post I made with an A64-tweaker shot with TCCD at 300fsb 1:1

I personally believe people moved away from the 623 bios because it was lacking...too tight in some areas and not tight enough in others...thats why the 704-2bta bios really outshines for TCCD ram...

I have found a loose tref (3120-15.6us) and a max async (8) will get you going good...atleast for me anyhow...

ok, dropping the CAS to 3 instead of 2.5 worked... just finished 3DMark06 so I'll be posting my entry in a few minutes... have to reboot and write everything down, lol... maybe I'll just snap a couple pics so I don't have to pull out a pen ^^ i'm not too dependant on technology... am I...? lol

Where can I get an unadulterated (original) copy of one of those toasters? I'd like to make my own, despite your generous offer wil :tooth:

Wil...

Look back on page 155 or somewhere close...there is a post I made with an A64-tweaker shot with TCCD at 300fsb 1:1

I personally believe people moved away from the 623 bios because it was lacking...too tight in some areas and not tight enough in others...thats why the 704-2bta bios really outshines for TCCD ram...

I have found a loose tref (3120-15.6us) and a max async (8) will get you going good...at least for me anyhow...

Yeah I'm in the mood for a flash. I didn't like the 704 because the lack of vcore settings. Ive used the 406 and I'm thinking its way better then this one. i never give up I've tried every combo and every ones setting every time i see a new one. Ive not seen these go past 260 with this bios and i think i had them to 280 with the 406 I'm ready to put on the bid site here and off them and move to 2 gig. seams I'm always clocked so high that I'm always on a divider anyways :D Might as well enjoy 2 gig for a change then all probably find a x2 then I'm gonna beat this thing up for a couple more years lol. or until someone drops by and got to have my PC lol the boards running grate and i love it .its just driving me nuts i cant do 1;1 with these hell my corsaiers do 295 but then there 256s lol not going there for 1:1 lol

Yes i think it is wil, although it's a long time since i tried the 623. What vdimm are you trying at 280? And what dram response setting are you using?
i never take them past 2.8vidd and fast

what do you mean the 704 bios has a lack of vcore settings...?

the 704 bios had alot of vcore settings for me...I think a couple more than the stock shipped bios...

oh and BTW..I got 330fsb outta my XBLK (1:1) with 2.9v and the +.05 enabled...

give them some juice just dont exceed the 2.9v limit

i never take them past 2.8vidd and fast

You should'nt need more than 2.8vdimm up to about 310 HTT. At 280 HTT you should'nt need more than 2.7v running 2.5-3-3-6. Both sets of mine, 4800 Plat's and 4800 G-Skills will do that. If you are having probs at those vdimms and timmings, then it has to be your secondary's.

yeah i ant got much hope anymore for these. come to think of it the times i did have them running 1:1 at 290 was on the 183 divider:rolleyes: I think they have been over volted for a wile before i got them cause Ive never got them to work much past 250 and they dont seam to like any weak settings like 7-2 or in my case I'm running 4 normal and 1

@Will Wow! Thank you sir! Yer' right I really do like my trusty ol' nf2 toaster.

(I'll probably die typing a post,displaying that one...Hehee..) But I would sure would like to see what ya made for me.. I'll copy it out and save with my other toaster stuff.

Thank you fer' sure.

hey can you send me the 650x200 ver of your toaster Sig. And when i had the 704 bios going it was missing all the volts from 1.3 down and all the % from 126 up. But this ones getting old gonna have to play with a different Bios :D

OK Clay and KitFiT1 this is what im working on :D now to get the right size :drool:yeah its running alittle fast but can slow down

kitfit1animation2qm6.th.gif