The AMD 3GHz Club

Haha, go the ghetto mods! I just tried GGG on my 148 with an AMD heatpipe cooler and it didn't want to know, just froze after 10 mins of priming. Was probably the ram to be honest, but I think I'll wait until I get done with the Typhoon on the 170 and then ramp up the 148 to 3.1 (I hope 3.1 heh).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caffeinejunkie

@SLI-DR USER

sp2004 is pretty much the same thing as prime95 but for the database you will need to use prime95

just thought id give you a heads up

but excellent results :nod:

Good work guys, keep em coming.

I've updated Praz's listing and added SeanDude05.

I just can't get enough of these nice chips, and you guys keep pushing them further and further.

Hope to see some more entries soon from some of those chips I know are lurking out there!

*TFK buys the first round of tequila* (we'll start drinking on something soft..)

The 146 I have just couldn't hack 3.0. Even tried it with a Pelt on it, it's just cold bugged to bad for that, any time it doesn't have a load on it and it dips below 5 degrees computer freezes. It will prime for 10 hours, but it won't make it through the time it takes to edit the screenshot.

I'll throw this 148 in tomorrow or Monday and start to work again.

I thought about it, but I already felt as though as I was cheating when I dug into the box-o-goodies and grabbed the pelt block, just couldn't couldn't post up in the database with an OC that was unusable.

The 148 is a CABYE 0540FPBW. Gives me a 50/50 shot at getting to 3.0 on standard water. Having the pelt on down here when it's 114 outside just isn't the best idea. If this CABYE isn't cold bugged I'll throw some dry ice to it in a couple of weeks and really see what she's got.