This is sad...

I always love to see a rich kid and his car pull into my shop. They pop in knowing what they want and don't care how much it costs. Install the nitrous system they want, and they're cool for a week, until they find out they have to actually pull the bottle out of the car to get it filled. Then they either go the Turbo or Supercharger route.

What makes it even more interesting if I can make his buddy's car just a little faster than his and get a competition going between them.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oRiOn

Too bad I know what I am doing :) I am going to be doing a all carbon fiber Evo making 540 +/- WHP using a GT35 turbo and boring (right spelling ?) the engine out .3L's along with all that other nice stuff :) . No bottle.

-Will

Nitrous is a waste of money. If you want your car to go faster get a (nicer) turbo.

(superchargers suck IMO unless on a Chevelle or something)

The Evolution is 286HP stock! That my friends is insane. Even if you left it completely stock you could kill a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Erm...

Back on topic. I think if your super wealthy and get stuff handed to you... all the power to you.

Thats fine.

But only when you stop appreciating those things do things get ugly. At least in my observation.

The Evolution is 286HP stock! That my friends is insane. Even if you left it completely stock you could kill a Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Not necessarily. You forgot to add in the factor about weight, and power lost through the drivetrain, such was the differential, driveshaft, tranny, etc. The Evo weighs around 3400-3600 lbs, so you shouldn't always sussume that a stock Evo can beat a Lambo or Ferrari. Off the line,yes, but after lets say 5 secs, they will start to keep up.

Too bad I know what I am doing :) I am going to be doing a all carbon fiber Evo making 540 +/- WHP using a GT35 turbo and boring (right spelling ?) the engine out .3L's along with all that other nice stuff :) . No bottle.

-Will

Let me know when she's finished, we'll do us up the AZ/CAL Import/Domestic race with our street cars.

Guest oRiOn
Let me know when she's finished, we'll do us up the AZ/CAL Import/Domestic race with our street cars.

Aight.

-Will

I always love to see a rich kid and his car pull into my shop. They pop in knowing what they want and don't care how much it costs. Install the nitrous system they want, and they're cool for a week, until they find out they have to actually pull the bottle out of the car to get it filled. Then they either go the Turbo or Supercharger route.

What makes it even more interesting if I can make his buddy's car just a little faster than his and get a competition going between them.

Man that is funny....I have done that so many times...they wont quit either...

Not necessarily. You forgot to add in the factor about weight, and power lost through the drivetrain, such was the differential, driveshaft, tranny, etc. The Evo weighs around 3400-3600 lbs, so you shouldn't always sussume that a stock Evo can beat a Lambo or Ferrari. Off the line,yes, but after lets say 5 secs, they will start to keep up.
I was speaking from experience :D

I beat my friend's dad's 2002 Modena :cool:

Hah, I'm down. Is it a actual import vs domestic race? If it isn't, then lets do it at Willow Springs sometime in '07. Let me get my Fit, finish her suspension, and maybe drop in a K20A(RSX Type-S motor). Lol.

Orion/Will and David- I would reccomend that you reinforce your tranny/drivetrain with better parts. Mitsubishi doesn't have that good of a reputation with their reliability, so I would get right on that...especially if I were going for 540HP... Although now I've been hearing that theyre getting better with their reliability. I've seen pics of a Evo with only 5k on the engine and with some mods...they found a piston rod on the STARTER! If you were to look in the oil pan, all that you would see are metal shavings. It was bad, really bad. I'll try to show you guys the pics if I can find them.

Ok, back to the original topic...

Theres quite a few kids like that in my area. This one guy in my school got a brand new F-150 crew cab, got it raised w/wheels, and put a sound system in there. Thats alreadyl ike $45k spent right there. The guy got held back a few years ago, and if you were to talk to him, you'd be wondering, "and why did you parents give you all this?". Hes pretty much a spoiled idiot...hah. I seriously want to see what happens to him later on in life.

I was speaking from experience :D

I beat my friend's dad's 2002 Modena :cool:

A Modena is the focus of the Ferrari world. There is a reason why it was replaced. But if we've gonna do that, hell, my retarded little Sentra can beat a Lotus Esprit.... in their sad little four banger days.