Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the Clarafications mates, not complety sure it answers why its written 18 on the sticker and 15 on the website, as both should be max load, but it will do
The website and the sticker match and it is noted that the maximum is shown on the website.

I just recieved my GameXstream 700W and it is all it is cracked up to be. Works like a champ and doesn't seem to even be breaking a sweat in my rig. Beautiful to look at too, everything is finished very nicely and all wires are sleeved from start to finish. I am very impressed.

just an update on my situation with the rattling noise:

turns out one of the screws for the fan was not as tight as the others, so i tightened it and the rattling is now gone! now this psu is perfect now im off to save some money for a WC setup. :D

I performed my "hang" test overnight.

I used adapters and had 11 hard drives hanging off the PSU then started the rig with prime95 running. 8 hours later the PSU was still running nice and quiet.

Today it goes to the shop for a test with an HP Dual Xeon server with 4GB ECC RAM and a 6 drive RAID-5 array 0f 15K SCSI. I'll let it run for the whole day and see what we get.

Today it goes to the shop for a test with an HP Dual Xeon server with 4GB ECC RAM and a 6 drive RAID-5 array 0f 15K SCSI. I'll let it run for the whole day and see what we get.

OK Now I'm really impressed.

While the GX 600 is the HP server running a database query, we had a power sag. All of the customer rigs on the bench shut down when the lights flickered.

But! The HP server just kept chugging along even though it was plugged into the same circuit.

I put the HP redundant power supply back in and brought the GX 600 home for my test bench at the house.

I'll be swapping the GX 600 and Epsilon 600 through a couple of rigs this weekend to see how they do.