Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

I've cleaned up some of the nonsense in this thread

if you have a problem with another forum, take it to that forum

if you have a problem with someone and you want to fight with them, do it in pm, not openly in my forum

I don't take kindly to those who make multiple posts with no information to the user other than to confuse the user, and I dont take to you having an open argument with a company rep in this forum after one of the moderators already told you to stop.

OCZ and Ryder are doing their best to give you correct information. This doesn't give you free reign to use my forum as a sounding board to complain about a post you made on another forum.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Retratserif

You still have growing room though. ITS 700WATTS!!. I dont see changing this thing out for a while.

How many fans do you use angry/happy? Your name is now confusing me.

I've cleaned up some of the nonsense in this thread

if you have a problem with another forum, take it to that forum

if you have a problem with someone and you want to fight with them, do it in pm, not openly in my forum

I don't take kindly to those who make multiple posts with no information to the user other than to confuse the user, and I dont take to you having an open argument with a company rep in this forum after one of the moderators already told you to stop.

OCZ and Ryder are doing their best to give you correct information. This doesn't give you free reign to use my forum as a sounding board to complain about a post you made on another forum.

I thought this forum was DFI's property...

:rolleyes:

You still have growing room though. ITS 700WATTS!!. I dont see changing this thing out for a while.

How many fans do you use angry/happy? Your name is now confusing me.

well lets see

4x120mm on a fan controller channel (Sunbeam!) for the dual radiator

120mm + 2x80mm for the rear of my Stacker on another fan controller channel

80mm + 120mm (top/hdd cage) on another channel

Cross-Flow fan on it's own channel

2x Tyee (DangerDen) ATI X1900 blocks, TDX cpu block, 12v DDC pump

2x X1900XT's

X2 4400+

3x80GB Hitachi hdd's

what am I forgetting lol

doesn't even make my psu budge...though the fan on the psu does kick in after extended Oblivion gaming times lol

you should do maybe less thinking and more reading:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...0&postcount=308

I would honestly and sincerily like to have loads of free time in order to read all the threads.

But i don't have.

So, sorry if somethings are not known to me.

As i said, i thought. I did not make a statement or similar.

However, thanks for the info!

I am sorry if i have been rude.

Guest Retratserif

Yeah, thats a bit more than me atm. I have pretty my the same cooling power though not on the HD's as much, but not as many ins and outs. I have a few of my fans double stacked due to lack of places to put them. I mean more than 4 fans on a dual radiator doesnt change the temps at all. One day I will get something rigged for my ram.

After cable management classes of course.

Back to the topic... I want to thank Rgone for telling me about this PSU. He said it would be my bet bet and it was.

i appricate the cleanig, most of it was supposed to be cleared, but i must say, there was no dispute between me and the oczryder... he just happened to see my post here and on the ocz forum...

i did not compain about a post in another forum, and i find it a bit insulting that the vital parts of these posts wasnt read, as for what i understand now, i will not continue to respond here for the result i will recieve, i asked OCZryder to do so, both here and on their forums. if anyone will wanna know if what they have, IS what they have, they can PM me, i hope to receive an answer from OCZ about the psu in a couple of hours, maybe days.

and btw, this is a a++ recommanded PSU, i think that DFI users should be getting the most detailed Spec they can for something that is tthat recommanded.

sorry if i pissed anyone, latz.

P.s.

ill be still getting the 600w, and i think it will rock :) cheers

Some clarification regarding the sticker's on the side of PSU's.

The sticker's list the maximum amperage for everything...and the maximum wattage as well. This is not to be confused with the actual rated output of the PSU.

The PSU is going to be rated at 600W or 700W or 950W...whatever.

As ExRoadie pointed out....if you add up all the numbers...it totals 755W on the 600W unit....again that is if everything is maxed out. But, you can't max everything out because the total output of the PSU is only 600W...do you follow me here?

Everyone is getting confused on what is being said about the amperage...again the sticker lists the Max...not the rated.

The sticker is correct as to the Maximum output of each line before the line is shut down due to OCP (Over Current Protection)

Total rated output for the 600W is 600W....You can arrive at that number however you want, within the limits set forth on the sticker. Meaning if you fully load the 3.3V line...you won't be able to full load the 5V line, etc, etc.

Now..you can't get 580W out of the 12V line either...because that leaves you 20W total for the -12V, 5V, 3.3V and 5VSB rails which every board needs to run...if you try to use 580W for 12V power...the system is not going to run and the PSU is going to shutdown.

Example: if we use 75W total for the -12V, 5V, 3.3V, and 5VSB rails..we have 525W left for the 12V rail total...or...43.75 amps. You can spread that load just about any way over the 4 rails...as long as you do not exceed 18A on 1 of the rails or the OCP will engage and shutdown the PSU.

Some clarification regarding the sticker's on the side of PSU's.

The sticker's list the maximum amperage for everything...and the maximum wattage as well. This is not to be confused with the actual rated output of the PSU.

The PSU is going to be rated at 600W or 700W or 950W...whatever.

As ExRoadie pointed out....if you add up all the numbers...it totals 755W on the 600W unit....again that is if everything is maxed out. But, you can't max everything out because the total output of the PSU is only 600W...do you follow me here?

Everyone is getting confused on what is being said about the amperage...again the sticker lists the Max...not the rated.

The sticker is correct as to the Maximum output of each line before the line is shut down due to OCP (Over Current Protection)

Total rated output for the 600W is 600W....You can arrive at that number however you want, within the limits set forth on the sticker. Meaning if you fully load the 3.3V line...you won't be able to full load the 5V line, etc, etc.

Now..you can't get 580W out of the 12V line either...because that leaves you 20W total for the -12V, 5V, 3.3V and 5VSB rails which every board needs to run...if you try to use 580W for 12V power...the system is not going to run and the PSU is going to shutdown.

Example: if we use 75W total for the -12V, 5V, 3.3V, and 5VSB rails..we have 525W left for the 12V rail total...or...43.75 amps. You can spread that load just about any way over the 4 rails...as long as you do not exceed 18A on 1 of the rails or the OCP will engage and shutdown the PSU.

good clarification...straight from the OCZ engineers I bet ;)