Review: 600w OCZ GameXStream (7/21/2006, merged)

UncleDavid218

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited

HG, please discard my PM.

Thanks and sorry!

BTW, would a 600W be sufficient to my rig? I'm having doubts...

And if i in the future add up some more HDD's or other hardware...

Should i go from the start with the 700W?

The 12V rails are actually at about 12.07-12.09 V measured with a DMM using a very demanding rig under full load.

My Zippy was a little better at 12.03-12.05 or somesuch but I don't think you can say the OCZ has stability problems. And at least mine does not have +/- 5%.

most people think the 600w is enough for them and it really is. in my case i thought to myself that in the future it would be better to have the 700w since video cards will just contiune to suck up juice. plus there will be quad core eventually so you'll be ready for that. also the price between the 2 isn't much so i sprung for the 700w.

personally I would go with the 700w as you never know what you might add in the future that you might need help from the psu to run stable

i dont see a real difference in the 600w and 700w versions on the 4 12v rails...but I always am in favor of paying a little more for a little more just in case ;)

i doubt any card in the future (single card) will need with a beefy machine more then the 600w ver, and dont forget that cpus are accually taking less and less...

i think the 600 is more then ok, but if you plan on sli/cross @ DX 10 + oc + beefy machine, take the 700.

lol, i had a hard time as well man, really wanted that 700, but conisdering i managed around with an antec 480 till now, and i aint really adding stuff, i think the 600 is a great way to spend some bucks...

i see your using a 470, just think of it, if you aint gonna sli/CF, and if the new GFX card will use 100w more (which is freaking a lot, they wont do that ... i hope) then even then a 600 will be enough... i mean 470+100+better brand and Amps...

thats just enough. hope i helped ya make your mind

luck

:rolleyes:

I'm using 470W, but i had to remove 2 Hitachi 80GB that i had in RAID cause the PSU when the temps started to raise began to show problems in booting...

:O

I can't make my mind up cause i know i would feel better with the 700W, but around here it is A LOT more $$. The 600W would be more suitable to my wallet...

However i DO NOT WANT EVER AGAIN to feel the same problems by spending money in a PSU and afterwards having to resell it cause it isn't enough...

thats what i was thinking, but its 1400 nis or 950 nis, which is about 80$ for difference, which is a freaking lot for the extra watts. but thats the pricing here, i dunno how bad they "screw" you there...

thats what i was thinking, but its 1400 nis or 950 nis, which is about 80$ for difference, which is a freaking lot for the extra watts. but thats the pricing here, i dunno how bad they "screw" you there...

163 vs. 119 euros

44 euros = 55 dollars

Around here this difference IS considerable...