Gas Prices in USA?

Torch

What is truly insane is the number of people that dont even bother to check up on the gas milage of those land crusers before buying. Just upgrading the transmisson to a quality one can give 1/3 better gasmilage ?! Much like the corvett that gets 30MPG vs the lower performance older ones that got 10MPG or less.

I scratch my head when I think about all the cheap gass in the US not that I am complaining but we waste it so bad that any rise can really hurt the economy.

No one uses the train here or the bus they just get in the car and fill it up never really worring about the cost unless it drasticly changes. We dont even bother using the estabilised train system because it is so insanly cheap to just use far less effecent big trucks cars etc.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

94.9p a litre is what i last paid a few days ago

4.54litres in a gallon so thats £4.31 a gallon or $8.16

damn right robbery!

and you lot moan at $4 a gallon i wish i was paying that! :rolleyes:

1US gallon = 3.7854118 Litres

We're not running out of oil, were just runing out of cheap oil. Heck, there's as much oil in the tar sands of northern Saskatchewan and Alberta as the middle east ever had and it's barely been tapped yet. That's because it's more expensive to recover than traditional crude. But now that prices are high they're digging it out like crazy!

The $20/barrel oil is gone but there's plenty of $100/barrel oil left and we've havn't even discovered the $200/barrel stuff yet.

Now guys, is it really that big of a hassel to dish out the cahs for gas, I dont mind it that much I walk whenever I can and in the mean time I just deal with it. About the oil companies profiting on this whole bit, the fact is that thats what America is about a profit and who am I as consumer Joe to decide how a company makes it. Yeah its not fun seeing $30-$40 come up on that screen at the pump, but oh well. Its not the end of the world...

Also I do a lot of driving, to and from Cincinnati OH, to Columbus OH, 218 miles round trip about every other week, and even somtimes 3 times in a week, so its not like I am walking every where, I have driven about 10,000 miles in the past 2 and 1/2 months (no exaggerations here) so I am dishing out a large amount of my paycheck to gas.

there's as much oil in the tar sands of northern Saskatchewan and Alberta as the middle east ever had

Though that may be true. The energy coefficient of such oil extraction is very prohibitive. You and i certainly wouldn't be burning that oil in our cars - would be like a dollar note powered steam engine! ;)

The "Peak" is not about running out per se, but more about definite and irreversable upward trend in oil prices, ergo petrol prices, until we run out! (And all the problems that go with the increase in petrol prices)

It doesn't just make it more expensive to get to work...It also makes medicine more expensive (therefore your health insurance), and your imported year round fruits and vegetables (to get them to your door) and your pc, telephone, clothes etc... as they are all manufactured from oil derived polymers as well. (Plus they have to be flown, shipped or driven to your local store too!)

Ya, looking at the prices in Europe, I guess the US doesn't have as bad prices as a lot of people think. But, we don't have nearly as many hybrid cars. Always heard how Europe has a lot of hybrid and "smart," cars. Pretty much every other car I see on the highway is an SUV or something huge. Thats why I think the US complains about oil so much, and, well, the whole having wars and all that crap over it that people talk about.

But few things are for sure. Whem Bush was "elected", the barrel of light oil cost roughtly 12$ on NY exchange. Now the same barrel cost 70$.

One should not forget that Bush owns some drilling company and has not only ties, but own interests in oil drilling bussiness.

What he need is oil crisis to make hell lot of money. So the Saudis...

There is the big money, folks. ExxonMobil announced record profits - 36 billions $. Chevron, witch recently acquired Texaco goes for 14.1 billios.

I think they can't be happier.

Also the budged of "defense" department goes under Bush from 281.2 billions to 474.4 billions last year. These money are of course well spendt on "making the democracy in Iraq" - but the American taxpayer has to pay it.

bushmc.jpg

But few things are for sure. Whem Bush was "elected", the barrel of light oil cost roughtly 12$ on NY exchange. Now the same barrel cost 70$.

One should not forget that Bush owns some drilling company and has not only ties, but own interests in oil drilling bussiness.

What he need is oil crisis to make hell lot of money. So the Saudis...

There is the big money, folks. ExxonMobil announced record profits - 36 billions $. Chevron, witch recently acquired Texaco goes for 14.1 billios.

I think they can't be happier.

Also the budged of "defense" department goes under Bush from 281.2 billions to 474.4 billions last year. These money are of course well spendt on "making the democracy in Iraq" - but the American taxpayer has to pay it.

bushmc.jpg

Its another way for the elected to get there hands on the money without having to answer for it. Look how fast Clinton opened up a trust fund for hurricane money. and just drops out of site And stay quite. It’s the people that don’t make then accountable for the spending. They should be audited every three months

They're not all making money!!!

U.S.A. economy breakdown

$880 Billion budget deficit last financial year

$44 Trillion national debt

equates to $147,312.00 of dept per person in the USA

debt is approx 440% of national income

approximate interest repayments to US debtors per anum is $300 Billion

Currently costs $7.90 of debt to produce one real doller of national income

approximately 12% of US Gross National Product services debt interest alone

US treasury has printed more then $4.3 Trillion in new notes in last 6 years to sustain spending and has now discontinued the release of this figure

What happens when some of the $44 Trillion in debt is release into the market? (probably by China which owns an alarming amount of it!)

Possibly hyper-inflation, possibly a bankrupt US and currency that is no longer tenable..... Possibly