Opty 165 Overclocking database

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice OC Castrol. 1.6v that's alot of juice. Aren't you worried about it drastically shortening the life of your CPU? What temps you getting with that OC?

Hi there this was a one of to see what it could do 5th in the world O/C for my 165, i run this chip at 2.6GHZ all the time at 1.31 Volts, i have a very good water setup and my system idels at 19-20c and full load on both cores it runs at 29-31c with room temp being at 20-21c.

Opty 165 CCBBE 0610DPMW

Highest is 2602 289 x 9 stock volts but temp was 48c. I have backed off to 2.4 and will attempt it again when my water cooling arrives. But some are able to go higher than I on air with the same stepping. I just did not want to push it more and start loosing life of the chip before I get better cooling.

cadavermaker: Before I bought my Arctic cooling freezer pro 64 I had similar temps however, when I installed the new heatsink I noticed pockets in my as5 that were not covering the IHS properly. I reapplied and now I never go above 40c. Maybe you should reseat your HS. Just a thought.

You guys should have bought the Optey 170 that way you could use 10x multiplier and achieve 1:1 ratio.

why should we have gone for the opty 170, when the 165 has proven to be just as good if not better O/C than the 170, use memory dividers or just get fast ram like PC4800.

cadavermaker: Before I bought my Arctic cooling freezer pro 64 I had similars temps however, when I installed the new heatsink I noticed pockets in my as5 that were not covering the IHS properly. I reapplied and now I never go above 40c. Maybe you should reseat you HS. Just a thought.

You know, thats a great idea. No wonder I am a noob. Thanks richiec77 I will try that this afternoon see what happens. I'll let you know. ;)

Guest shaolin95
You guys should have bought the Optey 170 that way you could use 10x multiplier and achieve 1:1 ratio.

You have a lot of reading to do my friend.... 1:1 means nothing these days, you dont get punished by using dividers, that was in the old days.