Opty 165 Overclocking database

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of overclock can i expect on 165 optey at stock voltage (1.35v)

I'd say expect a 600 MHz OC, just so you won't be dissapointed.

Max for me 2.8 MHz at 1.7V :shake: .Not stable.

Max stable is at 2.475 now @ 1.45 V. Going up slowly...

I have the same stepping as 11dayz and I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I put my fsb to 240 and it would give me a blue screen @ the windows load phase and at 250 it would just restart after it posted....

I don't know what to do, i'm a beginner at this, any help would be appreciated :(

I dont want to send it back, I just want to achieve atleast 2.4 - 2.5 :O

I got it at 223*9 but thats only 2007... what other settings must I change to get higher?

my msn is [email protected] if anyone could help

I have the same stepping as 11dayz and I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I put my fsb to 240 and it would give me a blue screen @ the windows load phase and at 250 it would just restart after it posted....

I don't know what to do, i'm a beginner at this, any help would be appreciated :(

I dont want to send it back, I just want to achieve atleast 2.4 - 2.5 :O

I got it at 223*9 but thats only 2007... what other settings must I change to get higher?

my msn is [email protected] if anyone could help

First of all, fill out your signature with your pc components so we know what we are dealing with.

Secondly, you need to read the DFI overclocking guide to find the max of each component CPU, RAM etc...then post results and we will talk you through it.

Guest shaolin95

Most people claim 1.55v under GOOD air cooling. It depends on the temps you are getting. Mine runs 1.52v but load temps are 40Cº max.

I keep getting random freezes at stock settings.....

in CPU-z Memory tab, it shows my frequency at 164..is this normal?

also would a stock opteron 165 @ 1.8 be really that bad for games?

Guest shaolin95

For games at stock I dont think it will be to good... a game like Oblivion, for example, uses a lot of CPU as well.

VOCCH: 2.6Ghz on 1.38 is pretty cushdy. Try bumping that sucker up man. What are your temps cos at 1.38 i'm pretty sure they're low as hell. Give her some v.core and put it through it's paces. I reckon you could hit 2.8-2.9 easy.

Hi richiec77.....i can run it higher but i do only for benching up to 2.85 '@ around 1.52....but not sure what are decent temps for one of these that's why i run as low as possible @ 2.6ghz temps are 30-40 @ 2.8ghz it gets to low 50's @ full load on air....so not to sure if it's to high at that temp....i seen on another forum a guy claiming their good up to 65c full load....so it's who to believe.