Opty 165 Overclocking database

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, 11dayz,

I have the same stepping as you and I've only been able to get to to 2403 (267x9 @ 1.45v). It's prime stable now and I'm going to let it burn in a bit here and then I'll try pushing it up some more. Here's my settings; any input/comments are welcome.

Sorry to hear that, but it mirrors my experience so I guess this stepping blows. I lost p95 stability on core 0 at about 2450. Even though it is not according to Hoyle "stable" I run it at 2520 because it is 3dmark loop stable and I really only stress the computer while gaming. I guess I'll just overvolt it and burn it out so I have an excuse to get a new CPU :)

Here's my CCBWE 0551 UPMW this was only to see if it would hit 3g only and did not push any furher as on air.

3.0GHZ with 1.55v....Hummm.....

I have the same stepping as you...interesting...

I dont know man... I had the HARDEST time to get my opteron 165 0607 to even POST with any OC!!!

I got it to post at 1890mhz but the temps were too high for such a little OC.

CPU was at 41C dual priming, PWM IC was at 51C and chipset was at 48C... the PWM IC was shown in red so I figured it was dangerous to leave it like that.

I tried putting the FSB to 245 and putting Vcore to 1.4V and running an approptiate divider and it wouldnt load into windows. I dont know why... but the temps thing is a real problem. Im running way to much hotter then normal for such a modest OC.

3.0GHZ with 1.55v....Hummm.....

I have the same stepping as you...interesting...

Hi Oceanborn....many say to avoid this stepping.....but in my case i wouldn't swap it for anything....well maybe a 170 that does 2.8 @ stock v's. :D

Wowchamp: Try reseating the HS. PWMIC has a rating of up to 70c so, 51c is fine. Also FSB is not relevent when talking about an AMD chip. It has an on-board memory controller so there is no front side bus. I can't believe that it won't go higher than that. Did you use AS5 thermal paste or use what was already on the heatsink? Have you optimised your bios settings and looked up your ram timings? Have you run memtest on them?

VOCCH: 2.6Ghz on 1.38 is pretty cushdy. Try bumping that sucker up man. What are your temps cos at 1.38 i'm pretty sure they're low as hell. Give her some v.core and put it through it's paces. I reckon you could hit 2.8-2.9 easy.

72c on a Hard drive???

lol

Are you kidding me ??

Yes i am. :P The WD250KS' sensor is kidding me also. Common prob of these drives. Dont pay attention to this

You have a lot of reading to do my friend.... 1:1 means nothing these days, you dont get punished by using dividers, that was in the old days.

Yes but the dividers drop the Mhz too much and you loose performance, especially when benching.