Opty 165 Overclocking database

Guest shaolin95
There is nothing stopping you from using your PC while running Prime. You can browse the net, talk on instant messenger, or run programs that dont require a lot of CPU resources to run efficiently. You wont be able to do CPU intensive tasks like gaming and stuff while its running but there is noone that can't make it a few hours without doing that when your testing your overclocks. If your not bragging about your overclock then test however long you want but if you are going to post about your 3GHz overclock you better be able to back it up or i'll just consider it a nOOb overclock.

Who cares about surfing the net, I got plenty of pcs around to do that...heck my cell phone can do that too! Now, oblivion.... :shake:

I got my 8 hours pic at 2780mhz that I took to apply for the database here so I had no issues with that (just left it overnight) but my point, which I think you missed, was that 4 hours is a lot different than 8 and from my experience any of my system that will do 4 hours prime will be totally stable for all my gaming and work needs. Now, if you plan to do some folding THEN you must make sure it is at least 24 hours stable so you dont start sending wrong data.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, didn't know it was black listed thanks for that :)

I'm looking into getting the OCZ 700w GameXstream one and yeh, I can't find reviews on it either!

Dont know whether I should just go for it or way for reviews?

new sig-- :nod:

that 700w gamestream is the same ps and a fortron epsilon, so it should do fine.

Ah, didn't know it was black listed thanks for that :)

I'm looking into getting the OCZ 700w GameXstream one and yeh, I can't find reviews on it either!

Dont know whether I should just go for it or way for reviews?

new sig-- :nod:

That's brand new....I didn't even know about this PSU before yesterday it's seems a monster! lol

OCZ doesn't need introductions when it comes to PSU's and it looks very nice too...

ok heres for the record as it appears It won't be beleived otherwise

screen011gu.th.jpg

:D :nod:

excellent work man....i have been toying with the idea of getting a 165.... :nod:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

In that thread it says that for overclocking its recommend to have +12V@34A.

The gamersxtream 700w has +12V1(15A), +12V2(15A), +12V3(15A), +12V4(15A)

and the powerstream 600w has +12V1(20A), +12V2(18A)

am I missing something? :confused:

No...is just that the newer PSU's have sometimes 4 12v rails....which is nice...separate rails has its advantages and disadvantages....either of the 2 psu's will be awesome....

untitled9ni.th.jpg

Yup, I think I finally got my baby stable :nod:

Gonna go for 2.6 when I get new power supply, better cable management and cooling on that pwm ic/chipset.

I'm thinking of getting a 120mm hooked up to my hard drive tray to blow some air on that pwm ic! any suggestions on what fan I should get?

Yup, I think I finally got my baby stable :nod:

Gonna go for 2.6 when I get new power supply, better cable management and cooling on that pwm ic/chipset.

I'm thinking of getting a 120mm hooked up to my hard drive tray to blow some air on that pwm ic! any suggestions on what fan I should get?

I have a 120mm fan in that same spot already actually. I bought a Artic Cooling fan. Super quiet and blows a decent amount of air, something like 55cfm i think. My PWMIC temps idle around 35 C according to MBM and load around mid/upper 40s. Then again it's always nice and cool here in blacksburg.

I'll be posting my o/c results here soon I hope. I got a bad pair of Gskill HZ 2x1GB RAM and will be getting a new set here in a couple days. The ones im running right now wont pass memtest over ddr333 at stock timings w/ 2T. So I can't pass prime for more than a couple hours over 2.8ghz.

daily usage on my signature.. :)

ı didn't enough time these days for test it but it makes at

1,350x1,04=1,40v->(290x9=2610 mhz) dual-prime stable about 5 hours 30 minutes and ı stopped it. :D