getting errors installing windows =/

it just puts me out of mood to do anything when i get errors,

i'll run more memtest later but i did a 20 min mem test no errors, last time i ran it the errors showed up right away

anyways i'm doing this computer for a friend so it makes me sad i cant get it working

problems im getting is when I install windows I get random errors, one error was LIRQ greater than less than error

error c000021a

error 0x0000007f

took out this old modemn that i put in for my friend and trying to reinstall maybe taht was the problem hopefully it was, any insights? thanks

problem just now

------------

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

atapi.sys address f74798f8 base at f7473000 datestamp 4117fd4b

all default, ya i know it doesnt really meet the spec but it should be fine shouldnt it?

i just upped the ram to test it out, pushed ram v to 2.8 just now from 2.6

umm ya its messing up while installing, usually messing up after the intial install you know where it boots for the first time and you got the nice gui.

Guest GripS

"ya i know it doesnt really meet the spec but it should be fine shouldnt it?"

No.

it would crash? my friend made a computer w/ a stock psu that came w/ a case so its not any much better then this one and he got it working fine, any ideas where the problems may becoming from?

edit >> umm im getting somewhere now, no crash yet, hopefully none in general, its installing devices drivers now, i increased ram voltage

damn just crashed again

0000007e

Guest GripS

My point is that even if you do eventually get windows installed the PSU you are using will more then likely give you issues down the road. Note the fact that most the people here are using PSU's off of the recommended list here in this forum, none of which are cheap. You bought a board that requires all components to be top notch. Your friend probably isn't using the same components you are, which is why his may be running fine and yours is not.

There is a windows install guide here in the forum, I suggest you follow it AFTER you get a better power supply. These are not "plug and play" motherboards. A little tweaking is typically required to get them up and running properly.

You NEED a better power supply.

Check your IDE cables, I just found out why I've been making more coasters than good disks, a little nick in one of the cables, killed my DVD-R drive last night. I kept trying to do a clean install and it booted from the disk but then I would get random BSODs, lock-ups and file not found messages when copying the installation files. Tried 17 times to install, tried switching power lines, checked bios settings several times switched out drive, to no avail. Until I started switching all the cables around and finally found the cut. Too bad it was too late and that cable killed 2 of my DVD-R drives.

i boosted voltage on ram to 3.0 and it installed fine cept when he tries installing a game called ragnorak it crashes w/ a blue screen. He wants to get a new psu now, now I ask the memory i got was OCZ 2x512 of the performance one, that isnt the thing causing the crash right? its definitely the psu right?

Have you tried just using one stick of RAM in orange DIMM?

I would suspect it is the RAM causing the problem. PSU may be, but suggest to do some more tests with RAM before blaming the PSU.

Is your system memtest stable? Did you run memtest longer than you think you should? I let mine run for hours... I may have overkilled the memtest but I wanted to be certain. Make sure you dont have any extra hardware plugged in while installing windows, especially not USB STUFFS.

Your timings may not be completely stable.

I distinctly recall having similar problems until I got my timings rock solid.

Also if you're curious what all those error codes and messages mean do a google search or poke around at support.microsoft.com.

yea i should memtest more but i've already given him the computer, windows is installed now, just that he couldnt install this came called ragnarok and it would crash the moment he tried

errors i dont remember but in the end it was always like free all of ram or something in the very bottom line