new official BIOS 04/06/2006

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have flashed bios 40 ...

my pc can't boot at 3Ghz (300*10) (Opteron 146)

but with bios 704-2BTA ...

my pc easily boot at 3Ghz (300*10) ...

new bios (406) is bad ...

What I was saying is CL2.5 and CL3 is no go my TCCD. This was pretty bad as we all know that TCCD need CL2.5 to hit high clocks. Otherwise I be running low CL2.0 with low clocks such as 237MHz, 2.0-3-3 on TCCD.

My TCCD can run CL 2 but no longer 2.5 or 3. This is a fault that can develop on TCCD according to several people.

Seems 406 lets me now run at 2.7Ghz 1:1 with PowerNow! enabled on my opteron, stable as a rock - prime 24hrs, video editing 12hrs+, virtualdubmod encoding 12hrs, FEAR 5hrs...so far so good!

Matt

Same here, can't get windows to load, and I have it on 2 separate drives, my array and my hitachi, neither will load fully and it just reboots, memtest stable for 4 hrs.

I dont have the odd screen colours you talk about though.

I think this mobo is faulty though, it ran solid for 3-4 months after purchase, then one day just started re-booting, I have tried everything I can think of, and no one on this site has yet to assist me. I can also run with the last bios, memtest and prime for days, and no problems. It's weird cause it tends to do it when not under a lot of stress?

Managed to get 13hrs prime. (But Failed after that) from 406 bios by using these memory settings from G skill engineer.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97680

Had to change to 2T for the 13 hrs of prime. I never get any errors in memtest though with 10 runs or 4hrs, with the 1T setting?

Still got old rebooting problem though, and I have now RMA'D the board!!!

9th May 06

F1-3200DSU2-1GBLE

DDR400

2.6-2.8V; HTT=5; FSB=200

Dram Frequency Set: 200 (1:1)

Command Per Clock: Enable (1t) (2T if not stable using 1T)

Cas: 2

Trcd: 2

Tras: 5

Trp: 2

Trc: 7

Trfc: 13~18

Trrd: 2

Ter: 2

Twtr: 1~2

Trwt: 2~3

Tref: 3684

Twcl: 1

Dram Bank Interleave: Enable

Dqs Skew Control: Auto

Dqs Skew Value: 0

Dram Drive Strength: 7 (or Best Value For Your System)

Darm Date Drive Strength: 3 (or Best Value For Your System)

Max Async Latency: 6~7ns

Darm Response: Normal

Read Preamble Time: 4~5ns

Idlecycle Limit: 256

Dynamic Counter: Enable

R/w Queue Bypass:16

Bypass Max: 7

32 Byte Granularity: Disable

DDR550

2.6-2.8V; HTT=3; FSB=275

Dram Frequency Set: 200 (1:1)

Command Per Clock: Enable (1t) (2T if not stable using 1T)

Cas: 2.5

Trcd: 3

Tras: 5

Trp: 3

Trc: 7

Trfc: 13~18

Trrd: 2

Ter: 2

Twtr: 1~2

Trwt: 2~3

Tref: 3684

Twcl: 1

Dram Bank Interleave: Enable

Dqs Skew Control: Auto

Dqs Skew Value: 0

Dram Drive Strength: 7 (or Best Value For Your System)

Darm Date Drive Strength: 3 (or Best Value For Your System)

Max Async Latency: 7~9ns

Darm Response: Normal

Read Preamble Time: 5~6ns

Idlecycle Limit: 256

Dynamic Counter: Enable

R/w Queue Bypass:16

Bypass Max: 7

32 Byte Granularity: Disable

your board is fine, im convinced there is some weird compatability issue with the latest bios and a component in my system. All other bioses work fine for me, there are numerous people with this problem.

your board is fine, im convinced there is some weird compatability issue with the latest bios and a component in my system. All other bioses work fine for me, there are numerous people with this problem.

My board has been unstable for over 8 month's, done everything, asked all kind's of people, It was rebooting, even when I had 48hrs of prime stable, and same with memtest, and sp 2004, It has an intermittant fault, that is very difficult to find, (other than blowing my PSU and other components).

I should have just rma'd it last year, but I hung on for newer bioses and it got worse with every new 1 from 623-3 !!!

hey guys, can someone please tell me where on the screen i am supposed to look at boot to see what friggin version i have now?

i finally, after a month or so figured out to hit TAB to get the post screen to show, but there's so much junk on the screen and i cannot figure out where on the screen to look, and cannot read everything because it's only there for a moment even after hitting TAB

i am just wondering if i should switch or keep what i have

hey guys, can someone please tell me where on the screen i am supposed to look at boot to see what friggin version i have now?

i finally, after a month or so figured out to hit TAB to get the post screen to show, but there's so much junk on the screen and i cannot figure out where on the screen to look, and cannot read everything because it's only there for a moment even after hitting TAB

i am just wondering if i should switch or keep what i have

Try if you can get into windows

Start/programmes/Accessories/system tools/system imformation.

Should be there under bios version