Pc Design Stolen

.tty deal man.. but on the lighter side, i noticed on the corner of that magazine "convert your xbox to run linux" :lol: and for some reason, i cant view the pics on that link you provided ( the UT link ) and those pics where dated also ( added on such n such a date )

That link working this morning it is probably your firewall or adblocking that is stopping it loading.

I have complained to www.coolcasemods.co.uk about them using my design, their reply was and I quote: (copy of e-mails, so it reads from the bottom)

"Hi we have sale invoices but with customer details on them so we cant just send them out to anyone.

If you want to take this matter further please do so but we will take it all the way.

CCM

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 30 September 2003 13:04

To: Billy

Subject: Re: thunder modded case

Could you please send me proof to put my mind at rest? It just seems too much of a coincidence.

Thanks

Allan.

----- Original Message -----

To: 'Allan O'Neill'

Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 12:57 PM

Subject: RE: thunder modded case

Hi,

Sorry that you feel this way but cool case mods designed the cool case thunder about a year and a half ago and we have proof.

So we did not steel anyone

Edited by hardwarefreek

Hey, look at the brighter side. You got YOUR idea in a magizine. It's good enough to be sold commercially, not many get that happening to them.

AND, I think yours looks better, more round. Theirs is just squared and the moulding looks like crap ... IMO

Nice job anyway!

tell me that the spelling of steal in their email is your typo and not theirs...if it's theirs, well i guess you know the type of people you're dealing with.

sucks about the whole thing though. try to keep it in perspetive, it's only a case, there greater injustices being done all the time, where people's lives are affected.

Don't sweat it... you made a cool design and someone copied it... They aren't making a Million bucks on it...

Hey, you didn't invent the computer, you copied someone else's idea....

hmmm... makes for an interesting argument, huh..

Anyway, great mod. Feel honored...

Isn't the greatest compliment the fact that someone wants to copy you and mimic what you do.

i would be proud as hell, i would send them a email saying admit it you B@sterds stole my idea i am god lol.

peace

Edited by Newb_ocer

the thing is a paten wont even give you full coverage. All they have to do is change one little bitty thing and its ok, and it looks like they did the edges are a little rounder it looked like and they have a different fan guard. Anyways my dad invented a neumatic steal bender, and 7 years later he sees it in on of his industrail equipment catalogs. The thing is they changed one thing about it they had the built in pump. My dad had a quick switch so he could change it to his bigger one and back to the small one. well they didnt have this external pump with the quick switch valve and theres was all interneal. Kinda sucks but thats how the world works Corprate Espinage (hope i spelt that right). Nobody can come up with their own ideas anymore. they gotta steal other peoples.

the thing is a paten wont even give you full coverage. All they have to do is change one little bitty thing and its ok, and it looks like they did the edges are a little rounder it looked like and they have a different fan guard. Anyways my dad invented a neumatic steal bender, and 7 years later he sees it in on of his industrail equipment catalogs. The thing is they changed one thing about it they had the built in pump. My dad had a quick switch so he could change it to his bigger one and back to the small one. well they didnt have this external pump with the quick switch valve and theres was all interneal. Kinda sucks but thats how the world works Corprate Espinage (hope i spelt that right). Nobody can come up with their own ideas anymore. they gotta steal other peoples.

Under recent changes in the laws, in the United States patents are now granted for a term of 20 years from the date of application (14 years for design patents). Different rules apply for patents covered by applications filed before June 8, 1995. Patents may be extended only by a special act of Congress (except for certain pharmaceutical patents).

I don't feel its corporate espionage. Without a free market (capitalism) then how would you bring the market price down. How would you eliminate a "Monopoly". That is what competition is for. So someone makes something similar to yours so NOW you have to drop your price, making everybody better off :D. Its not stealing ideas. Its using the idea to your advantage. i.e. PC's are better comps than Mac's, Macs came out first, but PC's used the "idea" of home computers and have surpassed them. Gotta love Capitalism!

• 2 weeks later...
Under recent changes in the laws, in the United States patents are now granted for a term of 20 years from the date of application (14 years for design patents). Different rules apply for patents covered by applications filed before June 8, 1995. Patents may be extended only by a special act of Congress (except for certain pharmaceutical patents).

I don't feel its corporate espionage. Without a free market (capitalism) then how would you bring the market price down. How would you eliminate a "Monopoly". That is what competition is for. So someone makes something similar to yours so NOW you have to drop your price, making everybody better off :D. Its not stealing ideas. Its using the idea to your advantage. i.e. PC's are better comps than Mac's, Macs came out first, but PC's used the "idea" of home computers and have surpassed them. Gotta love Capitalism!

Exactly. Look at the wireless communications industry.

Did you ever wonder why, until recently, Nextel was the only one to have "Direct Connect"? Their patent finally ran out a little while ago, and now Verizon has their "Push to Talk" thing or whatever it's called. Nextel services and phones have always been way pricier than other company's, but look for those prices to lower now that their patent is up. Capitalism at its best.