Pc Design Stolen

I was offered a chance to make case panels for www.overclock.co.uk back in February, after sending them a pic of my new case that I purchased from them, after costing it all out I told them that it was uneconomical for me to make bespoke case panels and that was the end of it.

Today I bought a copy of Personal computer world and saw a clone of my PC case mod on the front page. There is no reference as to whose case it was but overclock.co.uk are in the liist of recommended companies! Coincidence? I think not!

Here is a pic of my case & the mag front, make your own mind up, also here is a link to my posting of the original case on UTpics

Well, I guess you have two options:

1.) Try to take some form of legal action, after all this is your property and it is a pretty blatant copy of it. Maybe you can get some money out of it.

or

2.) Just stay in the spirit of modding and feel priviledged that your case idea made it to the cover of a magazine. You can even write a letter to the magazine explaining your case and you might get your name mentioned in a future edition.

Good luck either way, and cool case. :P

Without a copyright, he can't do anything. Shouldn't have told them it was uneconomical for you (I would have asked for them to make it and you receive a percentage in a written contract). Too late for that. Now its free game :lol:

Edited by AYoKoNA

Without a copyright, he can't do anything. Shouldn't have told them it was uneconomical for you (I would have asked for them to make it and you receive a percentage in a written contract). Too late for that. Now its free game

From what I have heard the moment you create something it has a copyright on it. I am no lawyer, but that makes sense to me. If I wrote a school paper, and someone copied it and used it as content on their website I think I could rightfully sue, even without filing for a copyright.

Any legal folks out there?

From what I have heard the moment you create something it has a copyright on it. I am no lawyer, but that makes sense to me. If I wrote a school paper, and someone copied it and used it as content on their website I think I could rightfully sue, even without filing for a copyright.

That's called Plagiarism, and that is illeagle, however it's also something compleatly different.

Unless it is a copyrighted design, registered trademark, or patent, there is nothing that can be done. Who done what first, can never be declaired.

Sorry.

Unless it is a copyrighted design, registered trademark, or patent, there is nothing that can be done. Who done what first, can never be declaired.

Sorry.

Well, I guess that settles it: your stuck with option #2. At least It shows your work is good enough to show up on the cover of a magazine. :)

That's called Plagiarism, and that is illeagle, however it's also something compleatly different.

Sorry.

:withstupid: Nothing you can legally do.