Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

have you got pci reset enabled in bios?

Yup... Tried just about all imaginable bios settings.

FYI a few serials I received:

With issue:

Akela:

000129200005517A

Without issue:

Moops

00012920000558A7

Someone on my MSN list:

0001291000055E13

Not much to say, yet...

ChkDsk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys. I'll keep an eye out on this thread. But for me its over. Got rid of the board. No DFI s939 for me. Planning to buy either Conroe or AM2, memory is sold allready. Only thing I've got left is this awesome 165... To bad this board had to screw my AMD fun.

If anyone still want to send it's serial number I'll post it to compare. I hope DFI will (in the end) help you guys out. For me it took way too long.

/offtopic Any ETA on 775 LP boards?

ChkDsk

Dear All:

Thanks to all of your and your patience.

Our test results showed the existing ULI issue can be eliminated by the latest Beta driver 7/20.

This Beta driver can solve the ULI issue by upgrade to this Beta driver. And please go into the Bios setting to enable “HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability function”

W”e noticed some users want to get ahold of these Beta drivers. We are willing to release this Beta driver to our power users for testing purpose, however any user intend to test this Beta driver must read through the statement listed below carefully:

1. To prevent any data lost, we suggest our users to back up all of your needed data first.

2. Users need to have full awareness about the risk of using this ULI Beta driver.

This Beta driver is still under evaluation, which means there are potential risks and we must warn our users about the potential risk of losing your existing data and the potential possibilities of causing damages to your system, and both DFI and ULI are not liable for such damages.

3. This Beta driver is for testing purpose only. If you still have any concern about the risk of using this Beta driver, please wait for official release and do not use this Beta version.

If you understand it will be your own risk to download and install this Beta driver, and you accept the statement listed above. You may download this Beta driver from the following link: http://dfics.dfi.com.tw/dfi_cs/Uli_beta/ULI_1575.ZIP

ps: Uli release out v1.22 uli raid bios, after we approval, will release this beta bios to our power user for testing.

Nemesis, per their statement, the driver is from 7/20, and that's what we got on 7/24 for testing. Checking m5288.sys and version is 6.2.2.1 - same as one we've got before. The only difference I see is a request to enable S.M.A.R.T. in bios. As I am following the thread, after driver has arrived, looks like major problem is Cold Boot, that's when issue comes back in full strengh, correct? Do they have a response to issues in particular, or we gonna get "try this" technique until everyone here gets rid of this board? I am still hopeful it gets resolved. I will test with it as well as soon as I get home.

I Agree with what you said. Esp. Cold boot.

I also had SMART enabled originally and only turned it off as that's the default ......

Maybe we will have to wait for this updated BIOS with the new ULI firmware.

I'll enable SMART again first and test as is.

Re-reading the announcement it looks like a re-hash of the old one just adding the bit about SMART.

It could be the driver does SMART polling from time to time and if it is turned off in the BIOS it waits for a while before giving up.

I guess we'll just test and see. I am still willing to give it a go. However, my question why, if driver works, we are not getting new beta bios? Why testing and retesting of the driver, not bios? It's not that hard to integrate it into bios AND turn on S.M.A.R.T. by default. Anyway, as long as there is light at the end of the tonnel (or led on CPU fan), I'll keep testing.