Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Can you guys be more specific when you say move my drives from the ULI controller to SIL controller. What kind of action does this imply. Be specific people.

You need to backup your important data and move the drives onto the silicon image controller and disable the uli controller in bios and enable the silicon image controller and then reformat the drives and reinstall your OS.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just for the record my board *seems* fine (see sig)...

SiLvABuLLetZ: look at ur mobo.. there r 8 SATA ports, ok? they r in 2 clusters of 4, got it? ..the four that are the highest (providing ur mobo is not upside down) are the ports provided by the ULi controller.. the other four are from the SI (Silicon Image) controller.. hope that clears things up! :-)

PS guys: how do i tell if i DO have a screwed ULi SATA controller? some of u have mentioned HD Tach - i've run this a few times now with no 'messages' as such - though the graph is rather, ahh, dynamic...

Ok, thanks! I've figured out what the silicon controller ports are, now what bios options EXACTLY should be set so that ULI controller is disabled, and Silicon is enabled.. Can I run raid in this mode? thanks.

I should also mention that windows xp install program doesn't recognize my hd's, while BIOS does... Help me.

Uh, so how do I get around that problem. What is your AIM tiro? :D

Also I have sil3114 s-ata raid control enabled, but how do i disable ULI? Why is windows xp install not recognizing my friggen hd's? :)

AND WTF SHOULD I DO TO JUST GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM OF WINDOWS LOCKING UP? Should I get new HD's? What kind?

I can't even get windows to install because it keeps locking up, freezing my comp. I figured it was this uli bull . lol, so I tried switching to the sil controller, but now windows install program at dos cannot even recognize my hd's while bios can.. whats ur msn messanger sn? When my hd's are plugged into the ULI ports it recognizes them just fine.. How did you get your uli controller working? This is bull . i havent played bf2 for 4 months because I've bought 2 stupid motherboards..

just tried to PM u - says ur box is full.... ok so let me get this straight: u've installed windooze on hdd connected thru ULi SATA & u got lock-ups (check) ... - so now u've moved ur hdd(s) (-?) to the SI SATA ports, u've put in the Windooze install CD & then....? U get a message saying it cant find any hdds?

i only very recently bought this mobo - i did look around about info on this board - including scanning thru this entire thread - before buying... the conclusion i came to is that some get lucky, some dont.. i made up my mind that if i get unlucky, i'll just RMA till i do hehe.. dumb question but i tkae it u've tried all possible BIOS & drivers? I used drivers from CD that came with mobo... i've read about some guys updating either/both BIOS/drivers & THEN getting the errors - so i'm not game enough to update anything on mine!

Exactly. Total utter bull .. LOL

p.s. I've deleted msg's in my box. Can you pm me again? :D And yes, plural to hard drives.

Also, I'm trying different bios options as we speak.. I've got the sata 0,1,1+0,5 thing set to enabled, but dont know what to do with serial ata controller to enable or disable? Or in advanced, should raid function be enabled or disabled?

Should I just buy new hd's or send the board in to get replaced... all of this is bull .. This board makes me want to blast myself.

CPDMF: mmm... its just that my friend & i looked around the 'net at random HD Tach results from ppl (all sorts of HDDs& controllers etc) & plenty of other ppl had dynamic graphs, heck even my friend ran HD Tach on his 74 raptor on a nF4 Ultra-D & he had spikes... so i'm a lil hesitant to say my mobo is buggy based on that...