Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Argh! I'm getting sick and tired of this sh!t. Last night I installed Windows XP AGAIN and EVERYTHING went fine. Installed a bunch of software, benched with HDTune, defragged HDD, not a single error. Try to boot my system this morning and Windows keeps on loading the blue bar thingie! ARGH!

Then again, after reset no problems in Windows. And the HDD delay is allready set to 6seconds so I doubt the HDD's are the problem!

ChkDsk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, it's all a bit too random, I now have the swap and prefetch back on, but with just 1 RAM module (other one has errors all of a sudden) and not seeing problems.

The weather is also cooler the last day or so ..... just wondering, if it is maybe a bad batch of chips, are they temp affected, I recall there are thermal throttling options for the SB in the BIOS ...

Anyone with current problems tried blowing a fan right on the SB cooler and seeing if it helps?

Just trying one last "thinking out of the box" before I give up, we've all wasted entirely too many hours working on a problem that a) shouldn't be there and B) DFI should be sorting out.

:shake:

I wait my Mastercard... but really i hope will not get more trouble then.. anyway is there possibility i use not the Raid, and this solve the problem.. in last option... i can use my Hitachi DOS Tools, and set the SATA speed at 150 and use the Silicon Raid...

( Need say i have no more problem since i use the beta,,, i have got the error only one time, and it was with unstable timings for the DDR.. )

@ Lane: The same model, whether it will have the same chips I don't know.

How are they behaving?

What Sandra do you get ~ stock? My Ballistix at stock (SPD/Auto) are only ~3,000MB/sec in Dual channel 1T ..... What OC have you them at?

i've been following this thread since it first appeared as resolution to this issue dictates my purchasing this motherboard.. i don't think this will be resolved in a timely enough manner (it's gone far beyond that already) and am pretty sure i am going to be turning my current setup into a Mac OS X 10.4.7 machine in favor of an AM2 AMD/ATi config since S939 is on its way out but i figured i'd add a suggestion about this situation before i delete this thread from my memory: has anyone thought about a class action? seriously enough people have purchased this board and are experiencing this issue to warrant this. considering this issue appears on most all of the RD580 based boards with this chipset ULi (aka nVidia) needs to pay up for replacement and time lost..

i've been following this thread since it first appeared as resolution to this issue dictates my purchasing this motherboard.. i don't think this will be resolved in a timely enough manner (it's gone far beyond that already) and am pretty sure i am going to be turning my current setup into a Mac OS X 10.4.7 machine in favor of an AM2 AMD/ATi config since S939 is on its way out but i figured i'd add a suggestion about this situation before i delete this thread from my memory: has anyone thought about a class action? seriously enough people have purchased this board and are experiencing this issue to warrant this. considering this issue appears on most all of the RD580 based boards with this chipset ULi (aka nVidia) needs to pay up for replacement and time lost..

I'm sure the thought has crossed a few minds here. I've definitely thought of asking DFI for a replacement board to see if the hardware is just faulty.

For the record:

No PCI cards at all, using on-board sound. GPU is in bottom slot, will try top one during lunch today.

I dare to say that the bèta driver does NOT fix the issue! The problems are all gone untill you do a cold boot. The first 2 cold boots Windows would not even load and stressing the HD right after a sucessfull boot will result in a few errors and lockups!

I so hate this board!

Hey all,

I have been using my 4 I-rams on the ULI with NO driver for the last 4 days, and not one

single error. With the ULI driver (ANY Version) I had a simple thing i did that i knew would create the error EVERY time, I just load up BF2 and play ONLINE, now after a clean install

of windows i could play for about 10-15 mins, then the game would lock up, now if i let it sit awhile, eventually it would just say i lost my connection, i go check event viewer, and sure enough m5288 errors, now, load up online bf2 again, enter game, runs for 2 seconds, crash. windows would show that PUNKBUSTER timed out trying to write to the disk, I went as far as a total reinstall with ONLY the two video cards, disabled both ethernet controllers (accessed net through firewire on another computer) and it still does it.

But here is the kicker..

If i play BF2 single player, or create my own server, as long as I am not playing on the net, it works fine, with NO errors..

and I could swear I played PREY online with no problems, so i thought it was a PB error.

So i updated PB and same thing..

has anyone tried maybe using cacheman to set up a disk cache for the drive on the ULI to see if it makes any difference? is this possible to do?

I would like to keep this board, but the call of conroe is alluring.

Emmett

Yeah, I'm a little pissed that I RMA'd my Asus board and paid $113 more for this thing, especially when the Asus board worked great out of the box.

I must be atypical though because I'm still fairly happy with the board even if my hard drive only works at half-speed. The overclocking options are outrageous and everything else works perfectly. I'm not going to bother with a RAID setup until and if this is fixed.

I'm still sending DFI emails at least twice a week, anybody else out there keeping the fire lit?

As far as I know my retailer is complaining at DFI's but I'm getting sick of it! Really, DFI have pleased me for years with their mainboards but the support and R&D of this board just SUCK! Argh... How about setting up a serial number list with affected boards? Lets say you all PM me a serial and I update this post as much as possible? (also if you do NOT have the issue)