Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

here's what I will be testing

3200DR with a single X1900XT and Crossfire X1900XT

3200DR with a single Raptor 36GB 10,000RPM drive & with 2x80GB Hitachi SATA II RAID-0 drives

original RDX200 Lanparty with single X1900XT and Crossfire X1900XT

RDX200 with single Raptor 36GB 10,000RPM drive and 2x80GB Hitachi SATA II RAID-0 (but the RDX200 doesn't have SATA II support)

3dmark2001

3dmark2003

3dmark2005

3dmark2006

ATTO (hdd speed test)

HD Tach (hdd speed test)

Everest 2.20 Home Edition (memory bandwidth)

FEAR

Call of Duty 2

Quake4

No news could also mean that hes doing quite a bit of benchmarking and testing that is quite time consuming. Be patient, i would rather they take longer and be more accurate then to get rushed and be less accurate.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i cant possibly run all of those benches (4 separate hardware configs so multiply all those benches by 4x) in a couple hours ;)

plus I've spent all day today making 150 copies of some cd for someone's wedding (4 burners flowing @ 4x and 8x each since it is audio cd)

don't worry, I'll get around to posting all the benches when I am done with them all...it isn't something that can be done in a day or even two days probably

hmm, With your settings i am still not getting it to POST more than 1/10 tries. I Also noticed the the c1 error code still has prsence that it was showing a "25" sometimes but it still displayed a c1 first, it does that every time. I will try your most recent recomendations now

I tried the yellow slots and it is doing the same thing. althugh i did have 3 initial POSTs in a row. I then set 2t command rate which did not help either.One thing to note is that i had to manually set my ram to run at 250 mhz. i thought that being pc4000 it was suppossed to be that way. Spd picks up at 200mhz with the same 3448 timings. What i did is set a 5/4 ratio so the htt still ran atthe same speed and the ram was running at 250. Is this correct? Maybe my ram is Defective but im a little cautious about RMAing.I have no way to test the ram at the rated speed because my old via kt800 mobo does not have a fsb/agp divider.

Nothing seemed to work but i remembered the 2.5v thing. i had to set the dram

voltage in bios to 2.4v and now it Posts every time. Now what can i do now that it stable to improve performance?

It has worked best for me setting it as 200 or 1:1 under DRAM and not 250. I set my CPU Freq to 253 and change my multi. So I may go 9 x 253 for general use, 10 x for heavy multi tasking and 11 x for demanding gaming.

You know the AT8 32X I had really hated my G.skill and this DFI is unforgiving, it must be set just so. I am wondering if the ASUS A8R MVP deluxe does well with Samsung UCCC. If not it, it may be something up with the RD580 itself.

If you want to run your ram at 200 and not OC your CPU it should do 2.5 3 3 8 as PC 3200 without a problem.

I say perhaps try raising your TRP to 4 if you need more stability, it is also under the DRAM settings. If you have a CPU rated at 2.2-2.4 and want to run your CPU freq at 250 it may require a little more voltage. I know even at 9 x 253 mine needs 1.5v. If you go to a 250 FSB make sure to lower your LDT FSB ratio to 4x. If you go towards 260 I'd make that 3x.

So I'd say what your system is doing is actually a good idea. Rather setting the DRAM at 200 1:1 and then if you want "250" just raise your CPU Freq and manipulate it via your multi. For example 9 x 250 would give you 2.25 which is a good generic speed for general use. 10 x would be good for gaming.

If you do set your CPU to 250 you could also play around with PLL, NMOS, PMOS, impedance control, and HT drive Bus strength by going> High speed, 31|31|31, and Strong, respectively.

The settings I provided to you are what work best for me in with my particular set up. If you can't get them stable or performing as you like perhaps try something else. Some folks have had a lot of luck with micron based memory like Crucial Ballistix and Tracers.

Increasing performance will be trial and error. I use medium settings that aren't that tight and get most of it via my multi. Aka 11 x 253. Lower Row Cycle Time(9-7) and lower Read to Write Delay Time(2) can help performance. As always though, the more your tighten the more you move towards possible instability.

Good performance for your ram|system would be: Command Per Clock enable, DRAM 200 1:1, CPU Freq 250, LDT CPU ratio 4x, Tref of 3072, PLL High Speed, NMOS 31, PMOS 31, impedance control 31, and HT drive Bus strength as Strong.

Here are other settings to try, beware, they may be too tight:

ucccex4pc.jpg

Sorry, I do not mean to rush.I did not even realize you had even started.I can't deny it,I am kinda "chompin at the bit now".I have to admit,..his results will decide my next rig.And I will buy it like the minute the results are posted.{sic of the wifes laptop}

This thread is getting good :nod: I spent the better part of an hour reading it all again.

2900 MHZ OC, pretty stable, doesn't run SuperPi 1M though.

Sisoft marks below:

Simarks Screenshot

MultiMedia

Integer 54778

Floating Point 59700

Arithmetic

Dhrystone 26063 Mips

Whetstone 11825 Flops

Memory Bandwidth

Integer 5855

Floating Point 5843

rules are your friend

please be bothered to read and follow them

help would be really appreciated.

ok my system is rock stable, but once in a while i get my mouse will start to lag and than everything does the same, i mean the music will skip, the sound will skip and if i am running 3dmark it will skip, the frames will jump up and down, it just started happening today, and it happened once before.

when i say skip i mean to say that it pauses for a second and than starts off, system will never freez it will just pause and go, the mouse cursor wil freeze for a second and then move on, it happens out of the blue and i cant fiaure out what is causing this issue. i can run prime95 all day and no errors what so ever.

help would be really appreciated.

ok my system is rock stable, but once in a while i get my mouse will start to lag and than everything does the same, i mean the music will skip, the sound will skip and if i am running 3dmark it will skip, the frames will jump up and down, it just started happening today, and it happened once before.

when i say skip i mean to say that it pauses for a second and than starts off, system will never freez it will just pause and go, the mouse cursor wil freeze for a second and then move on, it happens out of the blue and i cant fiaure out what is causing this issue. i can run prime95 all day and no errors what so ever.

Are you using an IDE Hard Drive? I have found these issues also and posted ages ago on the thread.

Idle cycle limit: 256*

Dynamic idle cycle counter: disable*

*If I have anything in "idle cycle limit" under 256 my system is unstable with my G. Skill, and if I enable "dynamic idle cycle counter", same thing.

I have the same type of memory Gskill 4000 HZ as you and if i choose «Idle Cycle Limit=256» my system becames very unstable. All my problems regarding stability where solved when i changed the «Idle Cycle Limit» equal to 16.

Thanks, JohnMike and Simonmaltby.

I've been watching this forum ever since I got my CFX3200 on Thursday, and 70% of the posts in this thread aren't even related to the motherboard.

That being said...

Any of you out there trying to use TCCD on this motherboard? If so, what kind of timings/drive strength/data strength are you using?

I'm having some stability problems with tref timings in the 15.6us and 3.9us categories.

I see alot of BH-5/UCCC and Infenion posts but hardly any TCCD.

So is anyone out there using TCCD on this CFX3200, and have a stable overclock, rpeferrably over the 250FSB range at 1T timing? Thanks. any input is appreciated.

Any of you out there trying to use TCCD on this motherboard? If so, what kind of timings/drive strength/data strength are you using?

I'm having some stability problems with tref timings in the 15.6us and 3.9us categories.

I have tried using my OCZ rev 2 2x512 TCCD and have not had any success.

I could not get it to boot at CAS 2.5 only CAS 2.0 :confused: One still will work, the other will not, so i think i have a dud stick.

Try this link for TCCD settings: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57317