Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Hi,

I am think about moving to this Motherboard from Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi.

People talk about UCCC & TCCD Ram, using diffrent bios settings what type are Crucial

My question is that Does anyone see any problems in using Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) DDR PC4000 Ballistix Dual Channel Kit with this board and Seasonic S12 600W Silent ATX2.0 Power Supply.

Where can I find memory timings etc

Thanks

Simon

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is now running!!!

Am currently installing windows - but that LED shows a big "F" on it.......any problems??

The post codes are probably in the manual. But FF basicly means that everything is detected and the system is starting up normally.

thanks simonmaltby, i finally got some stability with the new bios and the settings u provided, i am doing a fresh install right now for windows, because i didnt do it before i was getting a really low 3dmark05 11520, i dont know why but i was getting 9700 in 3dmark 06. any idea why that was.

OK this is a pain, I can install windows OK - put all my drivers on - (this time I got to the Soundcard) it just restarted.....

now it gets to where it should be loading windows and just restarts. Any ideas?

I am going to play with the memory settings, but anyone got a clue?

its deifnitly memory my friend, i was having the same issues before one of the guys who posted bios pics of memory settings me and him have the same memory os it worked out for me, i now have the gskill ddr500. i couldnt even run 3dmark with those before his help.

my corsair value ram worked fine, i didnt have to change any settings on those.

i dont know why it is so picky on good memory. well mine is good now, just mess aroung with the memory settings.

ur right i have gotten up to 13600 in 3dmark05 with single 1900xtx, crossfire doesnt make much difference in 3dmark05, however in 3dmark06 my score went up from 6200 to 9700 almost 50% increase.

Have played with the memory settings (matches most others OCZ timings) - crashes everytime it trys windows.

One other worring thing is in the BIOS - its shows PWM Area temp as 127C

Not sure if the sensor is broken, the rest seem OK, why would it be doing that do you think?

Area seems cool to me..........

after putting the newest (04/17) bios some problems started to pop up.....

in windows device menager several of my devices (including my radeon x1900xtx) are showing a message: "Your computer's system firmware does not include enough information to properly configure and use this device. To use this device, contact your computer manufacturer to obtain a firmware or BIOS update. (Code 35)" - and are simply not working.

honestly i never encountered something like that before...ever. does it mean that i will have to flash to the earlier bios or is that just a matter of fiddling with the bios settings? :confused:

regards

OK did 15 mins of prime, tried installing soundcard again - reset, and now we are resetting everytime we try to load windows....again.

I am a whisker away from get this replaced with a stable DFI NF4 Board. As this is now getting annoying.