Dfi and enermax problem

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a mail from rma department and they said me that the problem with DFI motherboards with current psus is that some of them don´t have -5v line. :rolleyes:

Sorry you got such crappy info. The -5V line was dropped from the ATX 12V 2.X spec.

Several PSU manufacturers(see Seasonic) have blamed the DFI boards for having a high current draw on the 5VSB line. It seems that way too many power supplies can't supply even their rated 5VSB current which causes some PSU problems.

I would try another company like Forton or OCZ that can actually take care of their customers.

Yup it is time for Seasonic Enermax and some of the other companys to step up to the plate and make some up to spec PSU's and not try to pass off the desigend for PII PSU's to the public. The latest specs are prety easy to find if they cared but updating ther PSU might cost mony. Bad buisness in the long run ABIT, ASUSUS to start with the A's the others have the same problems with out of date PSU's. GET a OCZ or Fortron. They actualy measure output at real world temps and at least try to make a decent PSU instead of live on old hype.

Others might as wel be making out their output as they measure output in ice cold temps and only pay lip service to the latest specs.

Sorry you got such crappy info. The -5V line was dropped from the ATX 12V 2.X spec.

Several PSU manufacturers(see Seasonic) have blamed the DFI boards for having a high current draw on the 5VSB line. It seems that way too many power supplies can't supply even their rated 5VSB current which causes some PSU problems.

I would try another company like Forton or OCZ that can actually take care of their customers.

Ok I finally got my FX600-GLN. Ok so the first thing I did was hook up al of the cables with the psu sitting outside of the case.. when I push the power button everything starts up normally. If I shut it down using the power button by pressing and holding for about 4 to 5 seconds it shuts down. BUT!!! it wont restart unless I hit the rocker switch on the psu. First I hit the rocker switch then waite for the little yellow light to turn off then hit the rocker switch to the on possition and all is well again.. This was also happening with my OCZ 600w psu.. will anything happen to any of my componets?? the reason I ask is because I feel now that it is a MOBO issue. Thanks..

ok, I have an update on my psu situation.. I don't know why I didnt try this before but, I have a FSP AX500-A, 2.0. I hooked it up to my board and tried the power button thing again and this time no power problem.. I then tried the FX600-GLN on my DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR and not power issues whats or ever.... DAMN!!! I gues I have to rma the board.....

Oh Damn, I guess I can't rma the board since I changed the chipset cooler for the evercool. I guess I will live with the issues untill I get some cash to buy a new one...

Oh Damn, I guess I can't rma the board since I changed the chipset cooler for the evercool. I guess I will live with the issues untill I get some cash to buy a new one...

As long as you didn't break anything that shouldn't be a problem. I hope you saved the original fan, because then you could simply switch back and everything looks just like it did when you bought the mobo.

If you want and you think it's worth it to go through a RMA is another question.