Is almost imposs to figure out which PSU !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Ok I finally got my FX600-GLN. Ok so the first thing I did was hook up al of the cables with the psu sitting outside of the case.. when I push the power button everything starts up normally. If I shut it down using the power button by pressing and holding for about 4 to 5 seconds it shuts down. BUT!!! it wont restart unless I hit the rocker switch on the psu. First I hit the rocker switch then waite for the little yellow light to turn off then hit the rocker switch to the on possition and all is well again.. This was also happening with my OCZ 600w psu.. will anything happen to any of my componets?? the reason I ask is because I feel now that it is a MOBO issue. Thanks

Ok heres a new update to the cold boot issue I was having. I rma'd my OCZ600W psu and when I spoke to tech support over there I asked if it were anyway possible to get the 700wGameXStream as a replacement. The guy said sure. to make a long story short. I got the new psu on friday hooked it up and now NO MORE COLD BOOT!!!! :sweat: thanks to everyone for the input, thanks dfi for an awesome board, and thanks OCZ for just being the best.

I don't think they are the same company, just that Sparkle is not a PSU manufacturer...they just rebrand the FSP/Fortron units. Similarly, OCZ uses & rebrands ToPower units as opposed to manufacturing their own.

If sparkle does'nt make there own psu's, then I wonder how made this 500w'er my bud has that I tested...

I think it was 500w, I'd better ask him...

Otherwise it was a 450 or 480w'er.

Anyways, whatever it was, it was the worst psu I've ever seen.

This sucker got beat by all no name brands that he had, every single one beat it.

Max brands, I forgot, there was this one brand which he hated alot, but it ended up better...

Anyways the +5v rail was around 5.6v if I remmember right.

The +12v was defently around 11.20 and below.

Major fluctuation, with no load on the lead that was tested, only 2 80mm fans on 2 other sperate leads.

Around .1 or more :, fast fluctuation.

I would'nt use that thing to power up a p3...

Anyways...

Poeple are reccomending those things...

Wow lol.

Cool :D.

Anyways, they suck @ss, sorry for the wording there.

Maybe that psu is ok though.

Edit:

Oh yeah, lol, even an old delta 80w'er matx beat the snot out of it.