NF4 LanParty (Expert/Venus) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

please see this page for more information:

http://www.angrygames.com/3-31-2006_expert_bios.htm

direct downloads:

NF4 Expert ONLY

NF4 Expert NF4ED329.EXE

NF4 Expert NF4ED329.ZIP

NF4 Venus ONLY

NF4 Venus NF4VD329.EXE

NF4 Venus NF4VD329.ZIP

Update Detail:

1. Add CPU temperature calibration option.

2 . Fix S1/S3 temp error after resume.

3 . Fix startup VID option fail.

4 . Fix C 'n' Q .5 multiplier not working with Opteron CPU.

5 . Fix day of month alarm can not set as 0 for every day usage.

6 . Fix ATI X1000 series logo error

NOTE:

THIS BIOS UPDATE IS ONLY FOR THE EXPERT/VENUS LANPARTY NF4 MOTHERBOARD

IT IS NOT FOR ORIGINAL NF4 LANPARTY MOTHERBOARDS!

THIS BIOS IS CONSIDERED BETA AND YOU MUST ASSUME ALL RISKS AS DFI WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody have a clue as to what exactly the new "CPU temperature calibration option" does? How does it work, what do the options mean exactly?

This BIOS doesn't seem to fix the power on by keyboard HotKey I seem to be having ever since last official BIOS (12-07-2005). Can't recall it ever working except on the original BIOS (11-02-2005).

thanks

Anybody have a clue as to what exactly the new "CPU temperature calibration option" does? How does it work, what do the options mean exactly?
The option is found under PC Health. It adds from -10C to 10C to your temperature sensor readings in effort to allow users of Expert/Venus to display temperatures comparable to the other NF4 boards. Not a fix, but at least it's a patch. Works fine on my Venus.

This BIOS doesn't seem to fix the power on by keyboard HotKey I seem to be having ever since last official BIOS (12-07-2005). Can't recall it ever working except on the original BIOS (11-02-2005).

thanks

oops, the original thread for this had pics that a user took to show what the calibration option did, but I moved then deleted the thread =(

I'm mystified why DFI didn't just actually calibrate the temp sensor instead of making the user guess then offset the temps...kinda dumb if you ask me (but no one ever asks me)

Curious to see whether this (a) fixes the temperature bug, or (B) fixes the problems people have been having with SLI.

You gonna be flashin this to your EXPERT AG? I'm too chicken to be the first!!!

I'll be flashing this to the test Expert for sure....as for flashing my own Main Rig in my sig...I'm always preaching "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT"

and that is the honest truth

this rig runs just fine @ 250x10, my RAID doesn't corrupt, my games play fine, and my rig is entirely watercooled:

crazybuild1.jpg

so the temps are not any concern to me

the odd thing is, my other Expert NF4 doesn't seem to have the temp problem, it actually provides very accurate temps (38C @ idle on air at 2750Mhz, which is about dead on with same cpu and clock on a non-Expert NF4 with same XP-90)

which makes me wonder why DFI didn't just calibrate the dang board correctly instead of (again I complain) making the user guess at how much to offset the temps....

but like I said, I will check it on the test board as there's nothing to worry about if that board catches fire and burns my lab down lol

Same Here both MM5 and SmartGuarding give me correct temps very accurate to what is in bios.

But, if the bios itself is interpreting the temperature incorrectly, then any bios monitoring software will be only as accurate as the "faulty" bios. The only way to be sure of your cpu temp is with a hardware thermal probe, but that will only be as accurate as the placement of the probe.

Hey A_G, I see your 4GB of ram, what speed are those running at? I'm having a heck of a time with my OCZ plat rev 2 4x512(2GB) getting over about 350, any words of advice or links to some? Thanks.