NF4 LanParty (Expert/Venus) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashed to these this weekend from 07/12 bios - this is far more stable with my TCCD than the previous ones. I am now at 1:1, 232HTTx12 (1.44v), 2-3-2-5, 1T, 2.84 vdimm, and in the middle of prime. Before I could only manage a 9:10 at 233 HTT, 2-2-2-5, 1T and 2.7 vdimm, anything more would error out. I couldn't even get it to run at the garanteed 2.5-3-3-7 and 275HTTx9.

The thing I did differently this time was insert a set of OCZ PC3200 Platinum, test for stability then install windows, then flash bios, then insert my TCCD. Maybe that was the key, or maybe the bios is just better.....?

One quick questions peeps;

How do I flash this bios from a CD?

Cause I don't have a floppy diskdrive in my pc and the bootcd's I found don't work.

If anyone overhere can give me some advice.... Thnx. :)

Hey Guys,

I've only flashed my BIOS using TMODS CD, with that said, how do I flash my BIOS with these files? I have read through the "How To Flash Your BIOS" on DFI's website but I'm still confused. It's not that I'm a total idiot I just am having a hardtime figuring this out because I've never done it? If someone could walk me through it I'd be much appreciated!

Thanks for the replys guys, I was finally able to flash my eXpert! I just ended up loading a program called AWDFLASH along with the BIOS (.BIN File), booted my computer from floppy and the flash was automatic! I used the (.EXE) version of the 3/29 BIOS version which basicaly automatically loaded the needed files onto the floppy disk. After this process was over I had 2 files on my floppy, AWDFLASH and the BIOS.BIN file.

Is it possible to just replace the BIOS.BIN file on the floppy disk with any BIOS.BIN version you want as long as you also have the AWDFLASH program on it as well? If so this is a very easy process that I can't believe I had a hard time with, lol!

Im pretty sure you can just leave that bin file on there. When the flash screen comes up you can choose which one you want to use.

And, I'm glad to report i didnt smash my board like i said. I apologize for my actions. It was in the heat of the moment and i was pretty fed up at that point. :sweat:

I am now using the 11/14 bios and it seems to be working fine.

Now that Tony has worked on the new bios i might try it and see if anything is better for me. :nod:

Again, i apologize for my past flaming post. :O

wish me luck. :D

Everyone gets a little stressed out once in a while so don't worry about it! I'm glad you didn't smash your eXpert, some members would love to have our boards (problems and all)! So BIOS version 11/17 is running stable with your current hardware? What are your current CPU and RAM speeds?

Benching at 3.060ghz 1.550 vcore on 12x 255, rams running on a 1/1. So im getting 510mhz @ 3.65vdimm out of my utt 400mhz rams. pretty nice. Thats for benching though. I see no need to overclock while gaming. This pc is fast enough without it. :nod: