Anyone playing Elderscrolls IV yet?

baaj

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest element

Yes i was running it on a 9800 nonpro nforce3 system and it was not a problem. With that extra video horsepower it should get decent frames at about 1280, but experiment with it i havent and i get crappy performance. edit /

Yo guys, thinking of buying Oblivion...will my PC be able to run it at decent quality settings??

ya it runs real decent on:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 800FSB Northwood

2x512MB OCZ PC3200 Gold

Radeon 9800Pro 256MB AGP

SB Live! 5.1

doesnt look anywhere near as good as my sig-rig of course, but using the Oblivion TweakGuide, it will run like a champ and still look great (plus a few mods will make it look/act better)

Hey guys, I need some help here. I have a saved game that just dissappeared on me, a quick save and a regular saved game. Here is what I did prior to disappearance. I had deleted some of the mods that I did not want anymore from the Data files. And when I resumed playing again, my level 83, Arena champion, Guildmaster, finished Master training 75%, soon to become the next Gray Fox games is gone. What can I say, I love and enjoy this game so much I did not want to see the ending. I looked through the saved files and its not there. So anyone have any ideas, pleeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeee, waaaaaaaaaah.......................(weeping man here):confused:

Yeah, I should have just unchecked them. I was browsing through the Oblivion forum and reading as much as I can about my problem and from what I read up is that because I deleted some of the mods that was in the game, well crap can happen and it happened to me.

Absolutely correct, I'm at it again, he he he he. Man it looks so sweet with SLI, especially that I can run both cards @ 700/1800 at least. I was playing Quake4 and FEAR because I was so bummed, and boy do they look so good with SLI. But I'm back with Oblivion again. Its one of the reasons why my posts have gone down considerably because I must spent at least 8 hrs in this game, if my wife do not pull me off the game at 3 am in the morning, well there would be no sleeping.

Me too, I got a fighter, well I had a fighter before the mysterious disappearance and or couple that to my stupidity and carelesness. Next time I'm making a copy of the saved file. I'm on a red wine break, lol he he he.

Guest oRiOn

I had gotten extremely far in the game. Was getting to the last 2 quests missions w.e. you want to call them. I had a fighter with all of the best armor it was awesome. I also love the graphics (who doesn't?!) and the fact that my 6600gt could pump the game out with HDR 1280x1024 w.o. any stutter and fps were 30+. Anyways, after getting about 3 hours of sleep I was awake and ready to own some enemies when I boot it up and notice that my saved game was there, but not able to be loaded.

I put the whole game onto a ext hdd and went over to a friends house. I tried loading it but it wasn't going to run :( so there goes my 60+ hours into the game!!!!!. I was extremely mad and when I tried to create a new game and/or play it, it would crash even after reinstalling. I can't beleive that it would run perfect for 60+ hours on my linux box, then it just suddenly goes all downhill when I didn't alter anything at all.

Long story short, I was mad, my friend's oblivion is giving him problems like mine was with the constant crashing. I tried tweaking the game and running it with new nv drivers but nothing working on my linux machine or my friends windows machine.

-Will

(btw my mediacenter got hit hard with spyaxe i think,don't even know how since I never touch it, if anyone can help me out can you pm me)

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one for ya....Mine crashes alot to the desktop when going through doors (read something about that being fairly common, haven't bothered to try and resolve) so I have A LOT of save games from saving before I go through any town gate or door. Yesterday I got a typical crash to desk top but...when I went back into the game and hit the "load" icon it would just pop back to the desktop. Went back in and tried the "continue" and it stated that I was trying to load a game from a different version and it couldn't proceed :confused: I had 90+ hours at that point and started to freak :) Went to the saved games folder and low and behold...the last game saved was number 666 :)

First I tried to just delete game 666 and it still wouldn't work. Thankfully, by creating another folder and transferring all the saved games to it, deleting game 666 and only putting about the last 10 saves back in the normal save folder it worked fine. I did this after making sure the game worked with an empty saved games folder...

Weird eh???????? The 666 bug :) Anyone ever encountered this or heard of it happening before?

Just a side note...the game is awesome. Can't imagine learning everything there is to know about it. I think when I get through everything I care to do with this session I'm gonna try one more character with a little more balance of muscle and magic. There's alot of little details to this game and I can see where you could replay it a few times...If you had the time :)