What Do You Drive?

bigred

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have a "learn's permit", so I have to drive with my parents in the car. It's not that bad, I can hit like 50 on side streets before my mom gets pissed! B) My stepdad only gets pissed at highway driving of 100 or more. (His only ticket ever came in a 79 thunderbird doin 130 across PA :rolleyes:)

But, I have to drive my mom's brand new Ford Taurs (I like Fords). But she has the "souped" up stock engine. 3 liter V6 with DOHC. It's not that bad man...lol Basically a slightly smaller Mustang Engine. I believe its the automatic verison that throw in convertibles? It also has a 6 CD changer and *gasp* 120watt sound system. OH well...

My step-dad's van (Ford Ecoline 250) kicks . thou. No engine modifactions, so the thing tops out like 90 or so, but its all good. He put a Pioneer Premier headunit into it, with dual 10 or 12 inch subs (dont remember which) that are like 120 watts a piece with 4 6x9 pioneer speakers (40watts a piece) and 2 2in tweeters.

When I get my license I'm buying a Mustang, and getting my step-dads system not long after when he upgrades! :P

I now share a vehicle with my gf and we drive a 95 Sunfire 4 door :( But its all we can afford for now as both of us go to University. As a compromise though I installed my stereo in there. I've got a couple of 12" Infinity Perfects with a Rockford Fosgate 500BD amp. Then Infinity 6" separates in the front and 6" Infinity coaxials in the back all powered by a 100x2 Planet Audio Amp. And for the head unit. Its a JVC mp3 player with all the gizmos and whatnot. Other than that I really don't like the car I drive :( Oh well its only another couple of years.

mine's no rice burner but I love my car, first car I ever bought brand new off the lot

2001 Hyundai Sonata

I like to keep it clean and shiny, upgraded sound system, nd a MP3 player with remote.

DSC00317.JPG

my wife's driving a 2000 Hyuindai Elantra, she's buggin me bout buying a new suv though, I'm trying to hold out, her's is almost paid off