My new system

Damn that cooler looks nice.Are you sure you didn't get stuck in smthng ugly smelling brown thing :shake:

sry, i don't get the joke.

it's a quality copper heatsink fan. heavy to the hand, solid to the touch. even comes with a sticker on the mounting surface for reassurance that nothing happened to the matting surface.

TGM

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaHh... i'm going out my mind. i'm all posted out, but here's the skinny... i'll update later.

1. XFX7800GS RMA for replacment

2. ASUS X800 not back from ASUS yet even tho it's been 10 bussiness days and i need to sell this card to pay back money for the 7800GS

3. dfi nf3, Newegg and everyone else is out of stock on this mobo; i searched for an entire day and calling if needed, but i'm told by the ATACOM rep that they'll have them in stock tomo. they are in cali and thats a 5~9 bussiness day wait.

4. water pump, no one will reply to me after they replied one time which was 15 days ago, about my broken water pump.

so i have mo idea what's going on at this point. i just wanna pull all my hair out and set myself on fire! *sighs* ...i'm burnt out on this badly. i just want my new equipment to run! nevermind overclocking.

TGM

If you don't mind my asking, why are you going with nF3? Isn't nF4 better?
not when you have a core that will do 3.2GHz has 1mb L2 and SSE3. this is basically a SD 939 FX55 as far as specs go. and it overclocks to at least 3.2GHz just like the FX55 does.

that's why i go with the 754 socket. on top of which the extra bandwidth of the dual channel 939 is negated since the 939's internal FSB of 1000mhz requires 4000mb/s which at 200mhz dual channel it gets. the 754 has an internal FSB of 800mhz which reuires 3200mb/s which single channel at 200mhz, it gets.

the only real difference between the 754 and the 939 platforms that makes the 939 platform faster is the PEG x16 vid cards. ATI and nVidia have moved all the technology over to PEG x16 vid cards.

so i'll stick with my 305HTx10.5multi 3200mhz, 1MB L2, SSE3 core with a DDR460 mem bus and 7800GS card till the AM2 gets cheap, then i'll do a system wide upgrade.

TGM

not when you have a core that will do 3.2GHz has 1mb L2 and SSE3. this is basically a SD 939 FX55 as far as specs go. and it overclocks to at least 3.2GHz just like the FX55 does.

that's why i go with the 754 socket. on top of which the extra bandwidth of the dual channel 939 is negated since the 939's internal FSB of 1000mhz requires 4000mb/s which at 200mhz dual channel it gets. the 754 has an internal FSB of 800mhz which reuires 3200mb/s which single channel at 200mhz, it gets.

the only real difference between the 754 and the 939 platforms that makes the 939 platform faster is the PEG x16 vid cards. ATI and nVidia have moved all the technology over to PEG x16 vid cards.

so i'll stick with my 305HTx10.5multi 3200mhz, 1MB L2, SSE3 core with a DDR460 mem bus and 7800GS card till the AM2 gets cheap, then i'll do a system wide upgrade.

TGM

HahA if it dont work what do you have :nod: