Which core fails prime first?

vrodforums

I have had three dual cores and on all three now core 0 seems to be the weak link and fails prime first. So I thought maybe a poll would help to find out if this is normal. Could it be something to do with the OS itself and using core 0 by default on many other applications?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny this thread popped up, in testing over the weekend I found that Core 1 is the weak core on my cpu. I was wondering what others are experiencing.

I recall a thread noting that others have success with "burn-in" to address the weak core. May have to try it.

Abudoggie

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem except it is the core 1. Opty 165 here.

I guess nothing short of better cooling and more volts can make them perform better, if core is indeed the problem.

Please someone proove me wrong I need those 5 MHz ;)

No option to vote for me... Neither core fails yet :shake:

Seriously, the system freezes when I stop Prime95 after several hours... the reason might be the power supply: 11.93v at the 12v rail, with a dmm, thats really bad.

When I get my new psu I will come back to vote :cool:

It's weird, on my evga board core 0 was always the weak link but I'm starting to suspect it was memory all along because core 1 has been the weak link on this DFI board and I am 70% that memory settings were the cause because I'm priming at 2.8ghz now and was never able to even be in windows this long on the old motherboard. I am keeping my fingers crossed that 2.8ghz will be stable and that I can use a 183 divider. This would be the best case scenerio for me and will give me reason to keep this mobo and ram...

These CPU's are extremely finnicky with ram. 2 minor settings such as dynamic counter and bypass max made the difference of being able to post at 2.3 ghz to where I am now... even with the ram on an extremely low divider.