G.Skill HZ/Any other UCCC (2x1024) 260+ please post here

ooztuncer

If I actually knew what the definition of a cold boot problem is, I may know if I have had it, and overcome it or not :D LOL!

I do know I have had a lot of times where the machine remains black... beeps long, then does nothing. usually this requires me to clear cmos, because yanking power for a minute or two doesnt appear to help. Is this what a cold boot problem is? Or do you mean, its too 'cold' literally... lol, which I find to be pretty hard to understand why tempurature has anything to do with it.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, you are experiencing cold boot issues and most likely it is due to your seasonic s12-600 psu - take a peek at nf4 section and you will see an active s12 thread. Rma ur psu is my advice!

The first set of ram was bad I have a new set and I will have the overclock soon working out the max.

And I have a set with the 3-5-5-10 SPD I was wondering if you could add a ine at the top of your chart for what cpu-z shows as the SPD so we can see if the old is better then the new.

ooztuncer:

I don't know about that. I mean, the machine never had a 'cold boot' for the time I had been using it and messing with OCing the CPU. All of a sudden, when I hit a wall with these wimpy RAM, I get a cold boot. To me, logic dictates that it was the RAM causing the dead behavior... not my PSU. As the machine acts fine when I bring the ram down below 255mhz.

my cold boot problem is this, and i hope this is a definition of a cold boot that some are having. whenever i turn the pc on, the bios post screen would show and then hang there. so i would see the cpu type, the size of rams and that's it. no dmpi updated or backup cmos OK whatsoever. what i end up doing is hit the reset button or completely power off and power back on. i have no try the yellow slots yet, but i don't see why the orange slots would be a problem. nealh, any updates from you bro? i hope my problem is the same as yours? :).

Finally managed to get stable setups from these things. The lowest timmings I can get are 3-4-3-7 @ 241MHz, and the highest OC is 270MHz with timmings of 3-5-5-10. All this is at a 1T command rate and 2.6V (higher voltages didn't seem to give any extra stability).

my cold boot issue...turn on PC..It will post top line of Bios...AWARD BLAH, BLAH and either hang or reboot..

if I get to cpu ID and ram amount..I boot and run fine

My ram has blend for 4.5hrs at 2600/260 ram 2.6v 3-4-3-8-1t...I stopped it to test other settings

I personally think it has to do with 704-2BTA bios and my mobo

ooz: Thank you for doing this!

OCZ UCCC Ram in Sig: 3d/01/03/05/06, SP 32M, OCCT, Dual Prime 10+, game stable.

Ultra-D 6/23/05 (623-1)

FSB - 255

LDT - Auto

CPU/FSB Ratio - x10

Vcore - 1.456 (1.400 x 104%)

LDTv - 1.20

CHPv - 1.5

vDIMM - 2.7

DRAM Frequency Set - 200 (DRAM/FSB:1/01)

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 3.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 04 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 08 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 03 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 12 Bus Clocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - 14 Bus Clocks

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - 3120 Cycles

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - 01

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto (Disabled)

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Auto (Normal)

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Auto (Level1= 50% reduction)

Max Async Latency - Auto (8.0ns)

DRAM Response Time - Fast

Read Preamble Time - Auto (6.0ns)

IdleCycle Limit - 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 07 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(4 Bursts)

my cold boot issue...turn on PC..It will post top line of Bios...AWARD BLAH, BLAH and either hang or reboot..

if I get to cpu ID and ram amount..I boot and run fine

My ram has blend for 4.5hrs at 2600/260 ram 2.6v 3-4-3-8-1t...I stopped it to test other settings

I personally think it has to do with 704-2BTA bios and my mobo

wow that's almost the exact same problem i have. it's not a consistent problem, but a problem nonetheless. sometimes, when i turn the pc on after coming home from work, it would boot up fine. then i'll play a game or do something else and reboot. that's when i'll have the cold boot problem. also whenever i change something in the bios, i get the cold boot freeze :(. it's getting annoying. should i go back to bios 623-2? what's the best bios for these new pc4000 memories? thanks in advance.