IHS Removal Tutorial (AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

Angry_Games

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I'm getting kinda tired of the same story.Can anyone tell me his opinion about my question or I should continue with the offtopic.

Is this what your talking about... ?

What kind of cooler do you reccomend?I can find sonic tower/akasa evo.Or tell me some other models and I'll see if I an find them

Look at the heatsink guide in my sig..

Yes that was what I was talking about but I need smthn to work without IHS.And that Thermalright SLK948 I don'y like it.And thoose swiftech and the rest I can't find here.So I was thinking of these:Sonic Tower/Vapochill Micro.I was thinking about Big Typhoon too(one of my favourite's but it is to expensive for me.Of vourse I'll use some kind of shim.Now if you have another cooler that I might find post it and I'll think about it.If the moderator think's a split would be usefull since I asked a wrong question in a wrong place.Thnx!

You know Angry I've watched the video a bunch of times and I'm on the edge right now, about doing this. I've done alot of things with computers and there componets

in the last couple of years that I never imagined I could do. This is so tempting.

good luck finding an SLK-948U Thermalright lol

Chris @ Thermalright went through the entire warehouse about 2 months ago and found TWO...the LAST TWO remaining on earth that have not been sold...and sold them to me ;)

you might be able to find them on ebay, or on some forums, or even maybe at some obscure EU hardware retailer site (there was a site in Norway about 5 months ago that had like 30 of them in stock but they ran out in about 20 minutes once word hit the Street users)

catkicker: don't do it unless you are ok with possibly having to purchase an entirely new cpu lol

and don't do it unless you are ok with as well as confident in your skill

and don't forget, if you decide to do it, to be careful and not cut your damn fingers off haha

Man I'm happy.I'm finaly glad to be living in Romania.There are shops that have it in stock.They stay on stock for month's here the most off us buy Titan d9tb and Speeze.How about the performance?Does it get near to Big Typhoon?

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/socketA.asp

If you dont mind a somewhat noisy fan and can get one do if you dont like it you can always sell it here. Remember that your temps are should be significantly improved by the direct application. The big coolers are not really recomended here due to the wxtra weaght on the motherboard. If I was not on water and the SK was not avalable would be taking a hard look at the Zalman 9500 and just lay it flat so it wont torch the board. I have watercooling though so it is a no brainer though I would not have needed it with the IHS off most likly.