DFI LAN PARTY N-force 4 christmas craziness

mmm it cant be that at this stage as i havent installed the audigy yet. I just have a feeling that its the G card fellas , its the same error everytime, One good thing thought is that the BSOD has slowed down a bit now, havent had one yet since the last one that was nf4.dll. I have resinstalled since then and am running Rgones settings. The reason i think its the G card is because its the only thing that i bought second hand of ebay... Its just wierd that it will play Call of Duty 2 but wont complete 3d mark or allow res change within games. i know its a base card but even my brothers 5200 completes 3d mark tests.

If you do have the 6/23 BIOS installed then make sure you have the correct GPU drivers installed. If you are certain you have the correct drivers installed, try the video card in a different board and see if it works.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I'm inclined to say that your problem is really your GPU. Do you think you could have someone check it out at a PC shop or something? It would be a shame if you RMA'd your GPU just to find that the problem is still present.

But yeah, def give the newest BIOS a shot!

Wierd though as that wouldnt explain the BSOD would it, remember the one i told you about bad image or image corrupted.

No, sorry I don't... Link? Why would a defect GPU (=Videocard) not explain a BSOD? It may very well be that you were having several different BSOD due to different issues. I think you may have eliminated most if not all of the issues that are due to wrong settings/drivers. After all, we sure worked on it dint we.

mmm just wondered. Just need a G card that isnt too $$$ , i have seen the raedeon X800gt 256mb for only £117. On a site called ebuyer. Might get that just to tied me over, I might even be able to post a 3d mark score.. Lol. If anyone wants to recommend any other cards from the site ebuyer.co.uk please do.

im not saying that i am a cpu guru or anything like that.......so dont take me wrong by saying this, But Joker knows just enough to be dangerous......not only to himself, but to all of mankind....nodznodz thanx....PeAcE

thats it i am just about having enough. I am treating this as a chance to converse with people. i know what i am talking about, is it so bad to ask questions for gods sake. If it wasnt for people such as caebron or rgone and the guy from baddastitan i would have give up ages ago.(respect to those names and any others that have helped me) Either say something use ful or dont.

Since you're online "The Joker", have you had any chanse to test your graphic-card in another system or testing another graphic-card in your own system? I saw Caebro recommending you that, but I haven't seen any response from you.

I have to say you're a pretty patiente guy, but of course I hope you'll get more use for the system of yours than having it as a tool for personal developments.