DFI LAN PARTY N-force 4 christmas craziness

Hello dudes, i have finally figured out how to post threads and i once again apologise for posting on other threads. Ok here is the long and windng story of which you fellow partiers can assist me with.

Ok built this on christmas , this is my second build and i really wanted it to count, i carefully put the thing together and installed windows and all updates, then drivers. Then excitedly installed COD 2 then changed the resolution from 640x800 to one above, and... my pc named Tebor "restarts" , i try again and same thing, then again and it lets me do it and it looks great, no stress or anything. Then the machine after a reboot accasionally gets to the windows desktop screen and restarts, i could see a blue screen flash up, so i therefore changed admin settings to see the blue screen of deaths error report and it said Driver_irq_not_less_or_equal.

Now you may be thinking ah simple ram issue, but i did make a fundamental mistake of which i have already been punished for , "yes i used a 20 pin PSU with a 24 Pin adapter".

But i have resolved that issue and now have a sparkly nice tru 24 pin. But behold the issue still exists. Now partiers i have managed to send my ram back for a direct replacement , but a few friends think that my graphics card must be rubbish , and this is the only bit bought second hand from ebay.

I sent the ram back just cause i could and to cancel that out, the ram is not "value".

I have also ran 3d mark and the test got half way through and turned to a black screen, even my brothers Geforce 5200 256 runs 3d mark.

I have also tried testin my pc with a gig of DDR 3 and it still had the same issue.

SO DFI peeps, is this G card or ram , ( i am really hoping that it is just a G card issue)

Other small issues:

1) my SATA hard drive appears to think its a IDE , but i installed the two NVidia drivers.

2) Also as my board has nvidia chips in it , would their be compatability issues with a ATI sapphire card. Well this card Sapphire X800GTO² 256mb GDDR3 PCI-E VGA/DVI/TV-out Lite Retail

from ebuyer, anyone have good things to say about it, i dont know the ATI system that well , choose it as its on offer.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any help or suggestions would be fantasticc. All my friends belive this to be a G card issue and apparently the blue screen of death error thing suggests that, your thoughts. :rolleyes:

NEW PROBLEM THAT MAY HELP PROGNOSIS

i plugged my network cable in the other day and my system restarted hope this helps. :confused:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read and wonder:

What haven't you sent back?

No conflict Nvidia chips with ATI Graphics.

All sound like stability issues, no hardware defect from what you've stated so far.

you stted a lot of systoms but I haven't seen specific hardward defined issues. I would check to make sure a good BIOS Flash has been accomplished. I would do a Normal Clear CMOS and report back any definitive issues.

oh right , thanks, well when i recieve the new replacement ram i will run it, there are not any compatability issues with Corsair is there? . Also do you guys feel as though it is a G card issue due to the 3d mark tests not running.

Also i am so sorry but if anyone has the time to instruct me how to change my Ram settings that would be great. Again apologies.

PS the new replacement ram wont be with me for about another week, but keep giving me suggestions. I will try them all when i can.

Also i am so sorry but if anyone has the time to instruct me how to change my Ram settings that would be great. Again apologies.

PS the new replacement ram wont be with me for about another week, but keep giving me suggestions. I will try them all when i can.

I think most want to be helpful, but I suppose nobody can stay with you for 24/7 very long. You got one reply talking about cutting corners, and I would say you're right now missing one cornerstone for a succesfully built system and that is: take time to read some of the stickies here, and why not download as extra help the manual from www.dfi.com for your board (there you'll see a guide about BIOS, where you might change certain settings, like for RAM, how to run memtest and so on).

I write this to help you, because if you don't take the time to get familiare with BIOS and the overall system, it won't be fun to have this motherboard in the long run. I suppose you after some time want to know what your system is capable of, but that won't be possible without basic knowledge.

Read the "DFI overclocking guide", not to do any OC right now, but it will give you some good technical information about your motherboard:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28049

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

So please, read and try to get a picture of how to work with the system and feel free to ask questions when that doesn't help.

i am beggining to think that i should have gone for the ASUS 8an deluxe, HAHA, lol

yes all 4 connectors are in, the thing just crashes when i change resolution and occasionally gives me the loving blue screen of death. Surfing the net or using applications its fine but try and get it to just change res and it dies, 3d mark wont even finish.