DFI LAN PARTY N-force 4 christmas craziness

Windows Service Pack 2 installed? Display driver installed? Don't forget the Windows updates. Install all drivers (especially vidcard) before running 3D Mark.

Dunno what's up with your floppy issue. Not to be condescending but make sure all the necessary floppy cables are actually plugged in. It happened to me just 2 weeks ago - I had pulled the power out from the floppy by accident without noticing.

If they are plugged in, check if the floppy is enabled in the BIOS. I actually can't remember what it says in the BIOS (I'm at work atm), so you're on your own on this one. If it still doesn't work check the Device Manager (Control Panel -> System icon -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager). Check 'Floppy Disk Drives' and/or 'Floppy disk controllers'. Run the troubleshooter/update the driver.

Other than that, May the Google and this forums search function be with you!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To previous post from Ldog69, no i know that th cable upside down can do that dude , i have done that on purpose just to check power is getting to it, but when set in the right formation it doesnt work wierd eh, and i cant run troubleshooter as it isnt showing up at all.

ah , why oh why did i try and be clever and buy this darn board. now after everything i am getting Data error messages when trying to install mozilla and audgiy two drivers. having enough gents. need inspiration. Also now i have just seen this Olecli32.dll on the BSOD so WTF is that, and now my system wont boot. honestly guys i am not a noob i have built systems before only ASUS ones , but over the last few weeks you have been out standing but new things are happening all the time. HELP !!!!! :mad: :mad:

First clear CMOS, there's several different methods recommended in this forum.

Which settings did you use to set up your RAM? The ones I posted earlier or Rgone's? If you used mine and they don't work for you, then give Rgone's a try (one of the threads I left you earlier).

Actually why don't you go ahead and post all of your Genie BIOS settings. I know it's some work but maybe we can figure out what's going on this way - although I'm no expert by any means. I consider myself more lucky than knowledgeable to have gotten up and running with this board. And of course having read all the guides helped a lot.

yeah will get on that tomorrow , all night i have spent with this dam board and it just throws up new things all the time, the floppy drive means probably that the MOBO itself is faulty and mayb has been the whole time. it was having issues even before this new issue saying Data error everytime i opened up a new program to install. RMA ing may solve this but i dont thin i can go through the heap of head aches with this board again. its either the board or hard drive . Both brand new this christmas. Thanks Caebron will post pics of settings tomorrow dude. Sorry to be so negative but you know how it gets.

mmm, after a nghts sleep and a CMOS clear my rig appears to have found my floppy drive. reset to optimized defaults and i am reinstalling windows 'again'. I also took everything apart and the plugged everything back in. It has to be either ram settings or my Maxtor drive. saying that it could be anything. See this system isnt intended to be OC'd , or at least not now anyway. So Caebron my DFI friend what settings can i wack in that will make this system work normally. If there is a normal , i am very happy as my Floppy works again now , i was scared about RMA ing myt board as i would be without.

mmm, after a nghts sleep and a CMOS clear my rig appears to have found my floppy drive. reset to optimized defaults and i am reinstalling windows 'again'. I also took everything apart and the plugged everything back in. It has to be either ram settings or my Maxtor drive. saying that it could be anything. See this system isnt intended to be OC'd , or at least not now anyway. So Caebron my DFI friend what settings can i wack in that will make this system work normally. If there is a normal , i am very happy as my Floppy works again now , i was scared about RMA ing myt board as i would be without.

Which settings did you use to set up your RAM? The ones I posted earlier or Rgone's? If you used mine and they don't work for you, then give Rgone's a try (one of the threads I left you earlier).

Here they are again: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5844

i used your settings mate. Shall i try and set them to r gones. Also are these settings OC settings as i dont need to juice my system yet just get it going. Thanks for your help by the way.

What is this setting

a2. CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio Manual Set to what Your Default Multiplier Is.

This thread reminds me when I was a neophyte computer enthusiast about 17 years ago. I was taking apart my Amiga 2000 for the first time ever to install 4MB of Ram and a 20MB Hard Drive and had no clue what I was really doing and certainly no Internet forums to consult if I messed things up. Those were the days :)