Is the NF3 really that bad

I haven't seen this prob your referring to. My dual channel runs just fine.

Some of the NF3 Ultra D's were great boards, not all of them. You no longer see them around for sale though. Browse the forums. It's good that your board works great for though. Try to keep the thread on track as I was only clearing up the guys post as to S754.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the NF3 Ultra D's were great boards, not all of them. You no longer see them around for sale though. Browse the forums. It's good that your board works great for though. Try to keep the thread on track as I was only clearing up the guys post as to S754.

They are for still available for sale. Thanks for trying to "clear up the guys post" but adding to the misconception that there is a problem with the DFI NF3 Ultra D only adds more confusion. Since your dont have one I can understand your regurgitation of posts you might have come across. Lets agree to disagree. Yes, the chipset fan is promblematic. Other than that I think its great. :)

Ah now thats what I wanted to hear guys thanks. I was so impressed with my Ultra B that I dont want to turn my back on DFI so im gonna get the NF3 250Gb, but as im on a budget I dont want to get a processor that is already maxed out for example for my board I didnt get an XP3200 when its already at the top of its game and the XP2500 can do 3200 speeds so reminding you all im on a buget of like 150 bucks for a CPU, which would you recomend I get the 64 2800, 3000 or 3200 and what is a good stepping too. and just one more thing I already have an A64 3000 hammer laptop with 1Mb L2 cache but see no great benifit, does having a 1mb cache give any extra boost over 512kb on a desktop?

As always thanks for the help guys

Its like walking into a toy store when it comes to DFI BIOS's, so many options, but which to choose?

I love the NF3, it is the most stable MoBo I have ever owned. Clear CMOS (short the jumper or take battery out), which clears the load defaults. Then the internet will be A-Ok.

I got my 2800+ to 2.4 without ANY trouble whatsoever.

And to be honest, 1MB over 512k Cache isn't that important with Desktops.

Ah now thats what I wanted to hear guys thanks. I was so impressed with my Ultra B that I dont want to turn my back on DFI so im gonna get the NF3 250Gb, but as im on a budget I dont want to get a processor that is already maxed out for example for my board I didnt get an XP3200 when its already at the top of its game and the XP2500 can do 3200 speeds so reminding you all im on a buget of like 150 bucks for a CPU, which would you recomend I get the 64 2800, 3000 or 3200 and what is a good stepping too. and just one more thing I already have an A64 3000 hammer laptop with 1Mb L2 cache but see no great benifit, does having a 1mb cache give any extra boost over 512kb on a desktop?

As always thanks for the help guys

#1 my self i dont find the L cache all that noticeable. maybe when your cranking lots of music files or movies is the only time you will notice it.I think but could be wrong here

#2 might wont to take a close look at the new semprons E6 steppings if your on a tight budget my 2600 for $60 buck is just grate.but really a new E6 steppings 3100 has the multplyers you really need mine is locked at 8X witch dont bother me none because your looking for the highest FSB you can get stable so at 333 or even 338 some times. its real fast ;)

I have one of each. The Sempron was the much better deal. $87 dollar 1.8ghz CPU that will get almost a 700 mhz OC vs $140 CPU that get's 400 mhz OC. The 3100+ Sempron is going for $99 at newegg and I would pick that up if I were in the market.

And Bodee. We will disagree. I am not the only person I know with a DFI board. My experience with them runs a little farther than just what I own. Throw me a link to a NF3 Ultra-D that is in stock from an american retailer.

On nf250 gb i can run creap elixir ram (that won't go at stock 200mhz on a soltek nf2 board no matter what voltage and latencies) at 2.5 -3 - 3-8 and except for 2t, everything pretty agressive. The bios settings under DRAM make all the difference.

does having a 1mb cache give any extra boost over 512kb on a desktop?

If you are a gamer and really love your eye candy (ie, games run at the highest settings), then 1 M L2 cahce is most defintely better than 512 K L2. With the 1 M, you have much more room for loading up/processing those complex instructions that come with higher end graphics. You have much more throughput with 1 M L2. However, if you're not a gamer, then 512 will get you by quite fine.