Is the NF3 really that bad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a gamer and really love your eye candy (ie, games run at the highest settings), then 1 M L2 cahce is most defintely better than 512 K L2. With the 1 M, you have much more room for loading up/processing those complex instructions that come with higher end graphics. You have much more throughput with 1 M L2. However, if you're not a gamer, then 512 will get you by quite fine.
Not to start any BS but I somewhat disagree.

I've used 1 meg claws, 512K Newcastles, and 128K Sempys and everyone of them will run BF2 at all high details. This is with 1 gig of RAM as well. I spend 4 to 6 hours a day gaming on my main rig and fluid, stable, lag free gaming is a must for me. 512K delivers plenty.

Not putting the 250gb down but I would save money and overclock your rig some more as you wont see a LOT of difference going 754,or if your a gammer you might wanna look into the 6800gs cards that clock higher than a gt.I saved my cash up and got a 6800gt and it really helped I cant tell you how much I love this card it runs all my games at highest settings excluding F.E.A.R which I can run everthing at highest settings just with 2xAA @1024X768.On the other hand if you absolutly need another computer the nf3 will do just fine...

I have one of each. The Sempron was the much better deal. $87 dollar 1.8ghz CPU that will get almost a 700 mhz OC vs $140 CPU that get's 400 mhz OC. The 3100+ Sempron is going for $99 at newegg and I would pick that up if I were in the market.

Ditto that! :nod: You want performance on a budget - get a Sempron and OC the heck out of it! Of course there are things that will beat it but look at the price tag -if you can afford better then great but otherwise the performance gain seems a bit disproportionate to the cost imho.

as I read...

can I consider my DFI Nf3 ultra-D is a piece of sh..? :cool:

I have trouble overclocking mine as hell.. I now see why :(

LoL its yours you can consider it anything you wont :nod:

Well actually considering the fact that the NF3 250 chipset was designed to be a single channel memory configuration the fact that it works at all in dual channel is quite an accomplishment. I have seen a lucky few get some astounding numbers from the ultra d but only those who spent a considerable ammount of time and effort to get there.

I bought it, install went without a hitch out of the box, switched from an asus k8v. However I did loose windows with bluescreen when I set it to "optimal settings" in the bios. Had to completely reinstall windows.

Feels a little slower than the Asus with the factory settings, but not much Apparently modifying the bios will fix that . . . just scared to change anything now that I have lost windows once. May get some time and scan the forum for advice to "safely" do it.

I will say this after dealing with AMD stability issues, my next build will build will be ALL Intel. Intel chipsets just arent ready for SLI, but thats coming.