Is the NF3 really that bad

Im about to do an upgrade and im looking to go socket 754 as 939 seems like overkill for todays software although the NF4 looks good I just dont have the money to buy CPU, MoBo, Ram and Graphics Card.

So i want to go A64 and socket 754 seems like the inexpensive choice.

but the DFI NF3 250Gb looks like it would be more trouble than its worth, it looks like it wont run DDR in dual channel and the internet is a biotch to get working. I just dont want the hassle involved in the DFI NF3 as there doesnt seems to be many answers in the NF3 section of this forum other than "RMA it"

So is there anyone out there that just pulled an NF3 250 GB motherboard out of the box and put a CPU, PSU, RAM, HDD, G/card and started surfin and playing games. Or else im gonna have to get an MSI or ASUS with VIA chipsets cause they seem like a lot less hassle.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problems you see with Dual channel are on the NF3 Ultra-D. It is a 939 socket board that still retains AGP. S754 CPU's do not support dual channel, but memory bandwidth is a thing of the past with A64. The NF3 UT 250GB is a very solid player without any compromises in performance or tunability.

I can clear the CMOS load defaults and go right into playing BF2 without any issues.

You already have a DFI board so you know what they're about. The NF3 250GB is as solid and flexible as your Ultra B.

As CPDMF says the 250gb is a VERY stable and reliable mobo.. I use one for my gaming and everyday browsing.. It runs great at stock but will run the same overclocked settings like it did when it was my main rig (270x10) with no issues..

Guest shaolin95

Yep to me this has been the most outstanding mobo Ive ever got. Check my sig and tell me if this aint a great board. Its very stable and with my Gold VX memory its like no matter what timings I go with, my mobo will post so clear CMOS hasnt been needed for me since I got my VX memory and was very rare with my TCCD Patriot memory. I was going to upgrade to 939 but seen how nice my CPU is performing and how nice new games play, I think I am going to wait till next big jump.

Regards

If your planning to overclock, definitely go with the NF3 250 GB. If not, there are other boards out there that are less expensive. I've noticed that its usually a hit or miss thing with the NF3 Lanparty, some of the boards that I've installed with friends have no problems whatsoever, while mine has encountered several ones.

I have been running my NF3 since middle summer. I bought some OCZ Gold Series RAM and the board set-up quite nicely. I bought it for all the reasons you mentioned. I use it primarily as a gaming machine and it runs all the latest games very well, usually on High settings. However, the board is like a manual transmission sports car. It does what you tell it to do. You cannot go into the BIOS like a bull in a china closest and just start playing with settings. The board will run well and fast, providing you do your research and make changes in a stepwise and logical manner. I'd recommend that you get some decent OCZ RAM for your board.

So is there anyone out there that just pulled an NF3 250 GB motherboard out of the box and put a CPU, PSU, RAM, HDD, G/card and started surfin and playing games. Or else im gonna have to get an MSI or ASUS with VIA chipsets cause they seem like a lot less hassle.

yeap i pulled mine out turned it on and worked stock setting just like that

The problems you see with Dual channel are on the NF3 Ultra-D. It is a 939 socket board that still retains AGP. S754 CPU's do not support dual channel, but memory bandwidth is a thing of the past with A64. The NF3 UT 250GB is a very solid player without any compromises in performance or tunability.

I can clear the CMOS load defaults and go right into playing BF2 without any issues.

You already have a DFI board so you know what they're about. The NF3 250GB is as solid and flexible as your Ultra B.

I haven't seen this prob your referring to. My dual channel runs just fine.