Which new Gaming mouse to buy?

Guest Joalaielna_merged

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joalaielna

I fixed my mouse problem, I switch from a plastic black mouse pad to a cloth green one and I haven't had a problem since. Weird. Thanks for all the help as always.

You could put resolved on this if you want.

Been following this thread looking for something to replace my mx518. The buttons on the side are a little too high and too far forward for it to be comfortable in gaming. I'd like to use those buttons for crouching and going prone in games. Anyone know of a mouse with a little better layout for a mechanic with busted up hands...

Go with the copperhead!

Have tried many and none come close...

macro's, on the fly dpi adjustment, good button placement and great pick up on the laser. The only mouse I've ever had that will even work on a reflective surface!

:)

Go with the copperhead!

Have tried many and none come close...

macro's, on the fly dpi adjustment, good button placement and great pick up on the laser. The only mouse I've ever had that will even work on a reflective surface!

:)

I have the copperhead and I would say that the side buttons are not the strong ppoint of this mouse, thumb ones are ok but pinky buttons arent well placed, some ppl cut the blu ruber thing to get better acces to it tho. The two main buttons are awesome for sure, better than the 518's 2 main buttons. And the microsft side buttons(mouse 4) tend to bend and push down the trigger button (left click), for example I used to zoom with mouse4 but it would fire a shot at the same time, revealing my positiong and an awp rifle takes 3 secondes to reload a single bullet.. but thats just a microsoft mice issue. So for a mouse that has better placement and acces of the side buttons its probably a matter of looking around but good luck. What I did when I got my mx500 and the buytton placement was odd, IO fireup a real button mashing game, with an emulator, I took Mortal Kombat4 and played it with the logitech mouse using only the mouse buttons to make combos, and finished the game, thats how I got used to the odd placement of those logitech mouse, back then.

I own a MX3100 Keyboard and Mouse setup and, while they are both very fast and elegant, the mouse is pretty bulky, and people may find it awkward to use for gaming. But, again, Logitech wireless stuff is fast and always high quality, plus the lag is practically imperceptible.

However, I would avoid the g5 or g7... there's only 1 side button which is really obnoxious. 2 side buttons are necessary to page back and forward with your internet browser. So not having that is a big problem.

With that said, I would really test of the Razer line of mice. They look very comfortable and I've heard they're extremely fast and reliable. Perfectly suited for gaming.